Is it back to school time already?

@34momma (13896)
Wow it's August already and now I have to start getting all of the back to school stuff together. My oldest is about to go back to start his 3rd year of college, and I have my 15 year old starting his second year of High School, and my baby girl is starting first grade. Do you have any idea how much this back to school crap is going to cost me???? this year i am spending at least $800 Do you have a back to school budget, or you just go out and spend what ever you think you need to spend???
@SViswan (12072)
Well, we are homeschooling right now. Though we do spend money on resources (more than we spent for school), I find that these are useful for us while we spent a lot earlier for other little stuff...which would be strewn all over the place in a few days.When they were at school, we had to get the stationary kit that they made at school. The other school stuff we spent money on were school bags, tiffins, water bottles and folders/files. My older son used the school bag 2 years in a row...he was careful about stuff. But most of the other stuff we HAD to buy from school including uniforms, shoes, books (text as well as notes) and stationary.
@34momma (13896)
wow homeschooling... that sounds so interesting. I wish i didn't have to work outside of the home so i could do that with my daughter.
@SViswan (12072)
I know a single mom who is homeschooling her 11 year old!!! And that's in India...where homeschooling is not the norm and most people haven't even heard of it!!
hi 34momma can I gloat, can I toss my cap high in the air, and yell hurrah been there done that now I am free, free, free as the birdies? I am 84, no longer have to budget for school help with lessons, and on and on. Who says being elderly does not have its advantages? and back when my 51 year old son was in high school things were much cheaper yet even then we complained about the high cost of getting 'fixed up for high school.so it goes on as ever. Even today I am amazed at how little you can get for twenty dollars. went shopping , spent thiry fou r dollars and could carry it in two sacks. lol.
@34momma (13896)
oh wow thanks for rubbing it in Hatley!!!! LOL
@cream97 (29169)
Hi. 34momma. If I don't have a budget, I will have one this year. I will set aside at least, $60.00 for all of my kids. I know that this will be enough to buy all of their school supplies that they may need. They already have enough of pencils, crayons, a crayon box. I just will need to buy everything for my youngest daughter this time though. She needs everything because she has not attended school yet before. My son and my daughter have mostly everything that they need. I may just need to buy only some items for them that I know will not cost so much. My kids are out for the summer break now, so in July, I will be shopping for their school supplies then.