Do your kids have their own towels?

new towels - kk needs her own towels
My daughter uses two new towels with each shower. Making it hard to keep clean towels in this house. I have a washer and a hanging rack but,she waits forever to wash them. I made up my mind last night to buy her her own towels. I will not have a linin closet in my new place like I have now. So I will store my and my guest towels and let her keep her own. This way I always have clean towels handy. These towels come in a set of 5 so I started with the yellow and the orange. I will get the other colors when they come in.
My kids have their separate towels as I've taught them to have their own personal stuff. Like towels, hairbrushes etc. They would then learn not to borrow each other`s stuff and learn to take care of their own things.
We don't have specific towels that belong to Kathryn and Paul and specific towels that belong to my husband and myself. Instead, I wash our towels about once a week on average and then we each take a towel at that point (I prefer to always use one of the bath sheets) and we will use them for the first couple of showers of the week, hanging them up to dry in between. Then, midway through the week we will put those in the wash and pick out new towels for the rest of the week. I would go absolutely insane if my children used different towels every time that they took a shower.
@nancy0618 (477)
actually i do not have my own children but if ever, i will teach them to have their own towels, it is one way to keep hygiene, we should all have our own towels, so we will not be affected just in case the person we borrowed the towel have some sort of skin disease
I think that you may be on to something here. There's no reason why your daughter can't have her own towel. I think its a great idea since she has these habits. Maybe you would want to teach her how to wash her own towels. It would not only help her to learn now, but it will help her in the future, with her own clothes and her own house one day. In summary, I just think that this is the most logical solution.
@CTHanum (8254)
hi giftandbagscom! yes..i don't have kids but i mean everyone of my family have their own towels.and there are towels for guest only as well.i thought that every one should have their own towels right?hmmm...
@sedel1027 (17868)
My son has a few of his own towels. However the house we are in now just has one full bath so his bath towels (not his hand towels) have just ended up being used with all of the other towels. I so miss having 2 full bathrooms!
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, My son is still small and he definitely has his own towel for hygiene reason. It is good to have ownself towel. No sharing! So at my house, we have 3 towels hanging on the towel hanger. And of course, I do have some extra towel keep in the cabinet.
@cream97 (29175)
I do have certain towels that I let my kids use for themselves. My son has his own towel. He had his own when he was 4 years old. I want them to have their own towels. This saves me time and money.
@Polly1 (12650)
My daughter and her kids are staying with me temporary. They drive me nuts with their towel usage. They take showers, then they throw the wet towel in the basket. they also will not reuse a towel. The one granddaughter uses three towels, and will not reuse a towel neither. I get after them about hanging up the towels so they can dry before putting them in the basket. They don't listen. with wet towels piled up after a bit they start smelling mildewy. They have some of their own towels and have used some of mine too. I finally put most of my towels away, I don't want mine getting stinky. Thats a good idea about getting your daughter her own towels. Its wouldn't be so bad if they could reuse a towel. They get out of the shower clean, they dry off, the towel doesn't get dirty. What the heck, let it dry and reuse the darn thing.
@jillhill (37354)
My kids did when they lived at home...in fact I got them certain ones they liked. Like my son had a batman one....my daughters like pastels. I like the new towels you are getting! Love the bright colors!
• Marion, Kansas
I have known of several families who gave each member a different color of towel. Then when they were left our of place, or in the floor or not washed, it was obvious who the guilty party was by the color of the towel. She needs to get busy taking care of her stuff, this might help.
@carmelanirel (21108)
Yeah, but not because my son or husband won't wash then or hang them up, but because we have our favorite. My son has this green towel he likes while mine is purple. That way they don't get mixed up either..
Some of the towels my kids use are kept strictly for their bathroom. When the towels are washed and dried they seperate them out and for the most part keep certain towels for themselves.
That daughter of yours needs to be smacked across the behind with one of those towels. Towels are not cheap! Don't worry people, this is my niece I am talking about.
I think it is a good idea for your daughter to have her own towels. Is she old enough to wash them too? If so, perhaps when she runs out of towels and cant get to yours it will make her think more about leaving dirty towels everywhere! My daughter is only two though has her own towel though not one she is responsible for as she is too young for that at the moment
@jaiho2009 (39034)
hello gifts, My kids always had their own towels. I let them get use to using their own,towels,hanky,beddings and pillow cases. Each room i had one space on their closets where all those stuffs were being placed so it is easy for them to get new ones. We also had schedules for each washings and changing towels,beddings and pillow cases. Have a wonderful weekend
My kids generally don't have their own towels. They got a hooded towel each some years back but really we just use whatever is clean and dry. Though I agree as I do go thru alot of towels that it would be a nice idea for someone with an older child who can be responsible for their own laundry.