18 kids and counting!!! what do you think??

ok, i know the bible says be fruitful and all, but really 18 kids. i think its unnecessary.thats way to many kids. at least i think so, seems that they don't, being that they still want more. but i don't get it, really i don't. do you? I mean people have been having large amounts of kids for years. my grandparents had 11, but 18 and counting? really?? I don't get it!! Mylotters....what do you think about this??
@Angelgirl16 (2177)
Hi keshia2007, I hear ya. 18 kids, I hope some of them are grown and gone. In this day and age, it is difficult to find many couples who wants more than two children. My grandmother had at least eight or nine, but that was a long time ago. During that same time period, there was a family that did have eithteen, but I have to tell you, looking back, they were the most organized family in the town. They didn't socialize much, they were focus on raising those children. They had a farm, so the grew most of what they ate. They were very well contained and very proper. You didn't see those kids running all over town doing God knows what. One thing that impressed me about this family, is that all those children went to college. When the older ones finish and got jobs they helped the other one to go off to future their education. So, even in these days, if the parents can afford them and mom is willing to go through that pain eighteen times, I say God bless um.
hi, and i agree with you. not in this day and age will you find so many couples having more than 4 or 5 kids. but 18, wow really? and they have a reality show, i bet that's adding to their income. but youre right some of the kids are grown and is helping out with the younger one in the family, which is good. btw thank you for your comment!
Hi k, I think this is God's little band of angels.
maybe so!
Ludicrous! to say the least. If we can't care for two how on earth would we properly care for 18. Even if opinions relate that the government can help, but now I say Really to properly take care of all them... hmm some people just do not realize the many more consequences surrounding so many kids. As they get older bigger needs and bigger problems.
hi i agree, it is crazy! but thankfully this is a reality show called "18 and counting" they are pretty well taken care of. plus the money from the show will help out. but i too just don't get people like this. most modern families want no more than 2 or three 3, but 18 is just crazy. either way, thank you for your comment!