New Keyboard

I use a mini keyboard because Im fed up of having to reach too far for the mouse. So my keyboard doesnt have the numbers on the right side. I wanted to try and get rid of the mouse altogether so I bought a mini keyboard with a touchpad on it. Its the same as a laptop keyboard. Ok so I thought Id be able to figure it out and use it right away. NOPE, I still cant master the use of the touchpad. My cursor is all over the place and I keep clicking (by accident) on just about anything. I feel very stupid right now. Finaly, hubby plugged in the mouse, so now I can use both, but Id rather use the touchpad only. Does anyone know how I can master this before I click on just about anything or DELETE something by mistake?
Unless you've got a bad keyboard, it just takes practice. I have a mini touch pad keyboard too and it took me a while to get used to it, but I did eventually and like it. My partner hates it though so he insisted on plugging a mouse back in. It was much better for my wrist because I didn't get the same repetitive strain pain with a touch pad that I did with a plug in mouse.
Its the reason I got one, because of the pain in my wrist and shoulder. I can sympathize with your partner....but dont tell him that lol. Thanks!
Never! We can't give them an inch!