Can a person madly in love with another cheat on that person?

I don't think they can be madly in love and cheat. I think there has to be something broken somewhere that needs mending. I was laying down just now. And thought about a person I know of who is cheating on his girlfriend of 5 years. he lives with her and everything. I can see a person loving someone and cheating on them. Life happens. But,when your in the stages of being all glues to one another by the hips your not able to cheat it is just not possible.
yeah, my ex cheated on me 4 times. and she knows how much she loves me. and i do to.
@Shar19 (8236)
I guess that's why she's your ex now. Really though, how could you have stayed with someone that cheated on you so many times?
I guess you woke up sometime and let her go. Good for you don't go back either.
@digidon (165)
it could happen based on the possibilities... it depends on the person
I guess so dear.
there can be some reason to cheat....
@anncherry (406)
Cheating, for me, is inexcusable, even for those who are not "madly" in love. Because as soon as you enter a relationship, there should be an automatic understanding that you are already committed to the other. Loving someone and committing yourself to someone are two very different things, and the latter is definitely harder to do. You can love someone and be freely dating other women at the same time, and you can also love someone by devoting yourself solely to the other. For a healthy relationship built with trust and security, which do you think is better? That's why cheating is a no no. :)
This is very nice too. I agree with you.
@cream97 (29169)
Sadly to say, it can happen. If the person may have had too much booze to drink, and they could mess around.. They are not in their right minds. I would think that two people who are madly in love with each other, may never cheat on each other. But it can happen... If there mind is completely gone off of this person. It does not always happen, but it can.
I forgot about the old drink and smoke thing. Your so right on here it can and does happen.
@Shar19 (8236)
I really believe that if a person really and truly loved someone then there is no way they would cheat on them. If someone cheats then the connection and bond obviously wasn't strong enough or else they wouldn't have done it. I also think it's normal to be in love with someone and to have an occasional thought of "what if". Like what would it be like if I cheated or what would it be like to be with someone else, etc. But then those are just thoughts. Actions are different. You have to be a very strong person to not act on those bad thoughts if you are in a commited relationship.
This is so true in deed. I wish others felt like this in the world.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi There, There are some who would say that this can be done but personally....I couldn't do it. When I love someone, I care for and respect them as a person and their feelings as well as our relationship. Lying and cheating just don't fit in with that concept and because of that, I have never had any tolerance for someone that would do that to me. If I feel myself attracted to others while in a relationship then that signals to me that something isn't quite right with our relationship and I will talk to my partner and try to see if it can be fixed. If not, then I would break it off and move on. I know some feel differently about this and so I can only speak for my own experience.
I can respect this for sure.
Well the definition of term LOVE has been modified in todays era. They call it Love, if only they are just going around and like each other. But in real sense Love is alot much deeper and vast than it. So if someone is in "this kind of love" with a person, he/she can cheat on that person easily and it wont take much to him. But if the Love is real and pure, than none can even think about cheating on their partner. Love is about being to to die for the person you Love, you cant even think to hurt them ever, You can suffer all the pains in the world to see a single smile on the face of your Love..Then how can someone cheat their Love?? So i dont think so that someone can cheat the one whom they purely and truly love.
I love your response so much. This is said perfectly..
If we are talking about me and the way that I feel, I honestly don't think that there is a way that I would be able to cheat on a person that I cared very deeply about. Now, there have been times in my life that I have cheated, but like you've mentioned, at the point that I cheated on my boyfriend, there was something in our relationship that was broken to a point that I knew it could never be mended. Needless to say, our relationship ended shortly after and it wasn't because I had cheated.
@sender621 (14956)
Everyone has the capability of cheating on the one they love. If you are truly committed to someone, cheating should not enter your mind. Sometimes circumstances are placed before us that tempt us. You can be madly in love with someone, but if the bonds of love aren't strong enough you could easily falter.
@lulu1220 (1010)
I would not think someone would cheat on someone else if they truly loved them. It would seem that there is a problem in the relationship somewhere. Now that is not to say that your friend does not have some sort of feelings for his girlfriend, but he obviously is not committed to her if he is cheating.
@pengyachu (296)
Hi giftsandbagscom, Sometimes people can do anything for his or her own lover,do such,anything at all.
@ip5217 (1656)
That is true. Couples can be in one roof for the longest time and one can be cheating at the same time. However, if you will ask me if they are madly in love with each other, probably at one point yes. However, when one starts to cheat they are no longer madly in love with each other. Probably the reason why they're not yet breaking up is because they have responsibilities to face- a child to protect. Also another reason is maybe that one person who is cheating just wants to explore but can't afford to lose the original partner because this cheater knows that the partner will always be there through thick and thin.
Emotinal needs is different from emotional needs, I heard people who cheats were the ones with bad relationships with their parents. They want more attention and love and they get it from cheating
• New Zealand
NO, not if they really LOVE them unless under the influence but even then.
@khayshenz (1387)
Nope - I don't think so. If one is madly in love with another, that person who's madly in love will not even think of cheating. When you truly love someone and truly care for them, just the thought of hurting them would hurt you twice as much. Cheating and who's to blame is tricky!