Well, She's Got Nerve, I'll Give Her Credit For That

@sulynsi (2837)
Some weeks ago, I was responding to a request from a microjob site to assess the set up of their system. They were having complaints about it and asked for feedback on the changes. Dutifully, I assessed the changes, commented on what I thought had improved and what I thought still needed work. Another participant took exception to my critique, which was couched in diplomatic terms, and made a rude remark, casting aspersions on MY work because I had the audacity to mention that certain things didn't work FOR ME. I was expressing MY opinion, not my professional judgment. I had been asked for my opinion. I gave it honestly. After this rude remark, I suddenly start getting promotional emails from this individual, inviting me to this business venture and that business idea. Uh, I don't think so, dear! Well, you sort have to admire the moxy, if nothing else.
I'd say you have several options on this one. The easier way would be demanding that "the spammer" stops spamming. The outside the box way - demand a VERY public apology, plus a lump-sum of money that she'd never be able to pay for defaming your character before you sign up for one of her offers. OK - my mind actually says that you should head over there with a sword, remove one leg, & then one arm, & then run away with them.
@sulynsi (2837)
*considers the ramifications of the 'sword solution'* *thinks better of it* I think the most powerful response is.......silence
Silence, now that you've mentioned it, is probably the easiest way, if only to see how long it will take for her to stop sending you those messages.
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
You should have joined her in that business venture, sweetie. Then you could have taught her in a very rude and nasty way, what life is all about. Unfortunately we get a lot of that kind. TATA.
@sulynsi (2837)
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
I can bet you that would have worked, sweetie.
@paula27661 (15899)
I wonder why one would ask for an opinion if one is not prepared to accept it…Who said one has to agree with it! If you don’t want to hear it, don’t ask. What a cheek being rude and abusive and then asking you to join the business! Some folks have no scruples, they really don’t...
@sulynsi (2837)
no sruples and perhaps a very bad memory
@sulynsi (2837)
of course, it could be bad spelling or typing (scruples)