Is beauty a Blessing or a Curse?

Singapore
Beauty can be a double edged sword. Some people will take advantage of it and others will find that it weighs them down in their career, lifestyle and even choice of a partner. What do you think. Do you know of anyone who may be challenged by this "good" problem.
once more, just had my first two sentences wiped out. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I think sometimes a beautiful looking person wipes out her gorgeous looks by being thoughtless, unkind, and very narcissistic,. me me me. Some beautiful people are also beautiful inside too, thoughtful, caring of others, kind to all people and really unaware of their great looks.'If a beautiful person becomes self centered then it can be a curse but like my tablemate who is really very pretty, she is completely unaware of her outstanding looks and she is so happy and grateful for every thing. so for her its a blessing as we all enjoy being with her too.
umm, I think you had your and switched.
Thanks Hatley for your sharing and I totally agree with you. Coupled with a great personality - a plain Jane can be beautifully wonderful too.
Hi, I think it is a blessing because people are natually attracted to nice things. I would think that beautiful people have an easier life because people are more accepting of them. It depends on how the individual feels about their own beauty. Some people may abuse it and take advantage of people. Others may be totally unconcerned about it and continue to be a good kind person. I think I have known people from both sides, so it's really up to the individual.
thanks bmp and I certainly agree with you too. Physical beauty has a timeline but inner beauty is more enduring.
@bokal2703 (803)
beauty is always a blessing as everything else in this world. it only becomes a curse when one use it in a wrong way. If one is blessed with beauty, he/she must learn how to take care of it and be careful with it. for example a beautiful woman must not walk in dark streets/alleys so she will not be raped. It is an instance wherein beautiful women are targeted by lustful criminals, so to avoid that, she should take care...even if those ugly events happened to beautiful women, I still think that beauty is a blessing...
hi bokal -thanks for your sharing. Yup, indeed beauty can be a blessing.
Well, i know someone like this. She looks like an angel from heaven. Of course you'd think that she always gets her way in everything in her life cuz i heard she has a lot of suitors. I even attempted to woo her to be my girl. When i was in the process, i noticed she was having a hard time with guys always flocking her way. I even got in trouble for that cuz some frat boys thought i was her guy and they threatened me although the threat was kinda shallow. Lol. Anyway, i didn't get to know her that much. That kinda girl is, what i can say, out of my leage. She'll be marrying some other guy who can handle the pressure of being with her. That's not me, i guess. Although i have news that she's still single right now, i'm not touching that fire again. Lol.
so in a way Beauty can be seen as a curse in this instance. A truly sincere guy may be dissuaded to pursue her as her Beauty is attracting a lot of suitors (whether sincere or not).
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
I think it is a blessing, like all good things you are given in life. But you need to learn how to use it in a positive way, it is all about what you do with it, after all!
hi puccagirl - yup it definitely can be a blessing. But somehow, if one is too beautiful, there could be a niggling doubt as to whether she can work or am clever.