Which is more precious - Your respects/reputations or your child's life?

@sasuke96 (799)
Hello friend! You may all know that in modern age people have forgot enjoyment and just using them for works. And the result is un-controlling pressure which mean suicide. Modern age's parents just think their children as robot who earn great marks in exam to establish their parents' reputations. Children are used to earn reputations and respect for their parents. Aren't this forcing of study and exam just destroy the child's life? People don't allow their children to play in weekdays for the fear of low marks on exam and also they stopped taking them in trips. So, I have a question to all mylotters - [b]What is more precious - Your respects/reputations or your child's life? [/b] Thank you very much for your responses and thoughts!
@eurekafemme (5881)
I am in a constant argument with my husband regarding this. He is forcing our kids to like the things that he likes. He told me they want them to become a vet, he wished he was a vet.I told him that whatever the children wish to be, i'll support them and i'll be fighting him to the bone if he will force them to do something he likes but they don't...Moreover, I told him that why would he want our kids to feel miserable by doing the things they don't and depriving them of the chance to discover what they truly want? I told him it is not about him anymore but the children's happiness. He did not say a word but for me, I really meant what I said to him. Have a great day, Sasuke.:)
@sasuke96 (799)
I really appreciate and support your response. I 100% in your side. I think earning reputations for a parent is not at all as important as getting their children in jocund mood. I also think that mothers are better than fathers in love of children. I wish people(specially parents) would get like you!
Absolutely my children are more important. And, if you raise your children right they will give you a good reputation whether you tried for that or not.
@sasuke96 (799)
Ow.... I appreciate your thought. I am happy that you love your children the most. Me too think that earning reputations via children, the only way is to raise them with jocund nature.
My kids come first, to me. I wouldn't want to control their lives in any way. And kids only have a few years of their childhood, why spoil their fun? They're young still, they only have that chance once in their lives. I teach my kids responsibility, yes. But I also let them have their fun time.