What is wrong with my side?

I keept moving my chiar to get a better reach to my lap top. Nut this pain is still in my side. Then I got up amd went to the couch and put the lap top on my lap. Now the pain is back in my side. When I get up it goes away. I think it has to do with being on this darn computer. But,I have things to do and getting off right now is not an option. I have three pillows behind my back which is helping a tiny bit. Thanks
@jugsjugs (13046)
Perhaps you have pulled your body when moving and this is what has caused the problem.Have you tried a warm water bottle on the place that hurts as that use to help me when i ached in my back.Try to rest for a while doing no movement and see if that will also help.Hope you feel better soon.
The pain is now gone. I put a forth pillow behind it.
@shira0524 (483)
It sounds like it's the chair you're sitting in, or even the couch. Frequent computer users can sometimes suffer from back problems from sitting in a bad chair and unfortunately things like pillows won't really help. The best thing to get to help this and not make any potential back problems worse is a therapeutic back chair (which you can buy at Staples or Best Buy or places like that), but they can tend to be expensive. Another option would be a lumbar back support made to be placed behind you in your existing chair if you can't get a whole new chair.
I just put a forth pillow on my back and the pain is now gone. Thanks so much I will look inot a chair to buy too.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Just sounds like too much muscular tension to me. I would try Sloan´s Liniment if you have any it works a treat for things like that. I pulled my back last year through too much heavy shopping and it Sloan´s Liniment was the only thing that moved the terrible pain out of back. It only took one application. I don´t usually sit too long in one position otherwise I get a sort of "cramp" in the side mainly through bad posture.
Sounds to me like your body didn't like the position that you were sitting in. I know that I sometimes go through periods where I have a difficult time sitting in one position for too long and it gets especially bad if my keyboard is not at the right level or angle. I will move my keyboard around until I find a position that is comfortable to me and typically the pain will go away in a very short period of time afterward.
@cream97 (29175)
My neck gets cramped up sometimes when I am on the laptop while sitting in the chair. I usually will sit on the floor to type. I am short enough to reach the keyboard. I think that you should look into buying something that will keep your spine aligned. Carol Wright Gifts has some great products that will help with back and side pain. I plan to get a cushion to sit on that will help my spine and relieve back pain. I hope that your side will stop bothering you.