Do you donate blood??????

By Arko
@arko009 (256)
Kolkata, India
Donating blood is the best charity in my opinion,it helps truly;y a person in dying situation.I have donated blood many times in my life,and each year I try to donate blood at least once,it makes me feel good,and it satisfies me regarding doing my little bit effort towards the society.Many people having cancer, hemophilia, thalassemia requires constant blood attention,so my question is that do you donate blood,and what do you feel regarding people donating their blood.Do you feel proud when you donate blood to the society??Do you think that you have just saved a life from dying????
I don't ever experience donating blood. But if God's will that I will donate a blood, I will do it to save one life. But i will not be proud of myself because i know to myself that All the glory should be for Christ Alone. WE should not have proud-heart because we are just only an instrument!
@LIENROSE (911)
i strongly agree with you my friend,,, happy mylotting an to God be the golry
@jamed28 (1910)
I used to two years ago. But since I move to a place far from red cross, I stopped. Blood letting is good for your health, so I suggest you donate it.
dear friend, jamed28, if you would allow me to say... blood letting is injurious to health. ... it is an ancient belief and practice, to restore health, they used leeches and such blood sucking creatures on the patients. .. but, DONATING BLOOD is considered holy and life saving. so, it is recommended to go for donation of blood.. in a medically safe way. It is no way related with blood letting. the two differ a lot. just for adding clarity, i tried to comment here. goodluck, and best wishes always.
@ranajo (3)
I would give blood to help others but I am anemic and was told i cant
it is very easy to over come the trouble of anemia. eat plenty of iron rich food. preferable raw and green leafy vegetables help you recover very fast. and, if there is any other ailment, which is causing the anemia, please do take proper treatment for that ... like, in the case of women, there might be loss of blood due to excess menstruation., and in the case of hemorrhoids, or piles, there is loss of blood, which also results in temporary anemic conditions. wish you good luck, good health. and happy mylotting.
@atv818 (1988)
• United Arab Emirates
In this lifetime, already donated blood twice or thrice. Much that I wanted to donate more, I feel that I cannot do so anymore because it is painful for me especially when my veins collapse (without my knowledge) when a needle is being inserted. Maybe, unconsciously, I fear the needle and the pain it brings. Not only that, it takes a longer time for me to recover after blood donation as compared to other donors. I even saw a donor collapse after giving blood because he stood up way too fast. He should have relax a bit. I might give blood in the future but not in the future just yet. I have to summon my bravery to face the needle again.
@fayas123 (229)
• Sri Lanka
Still i didn't donate blood. but if i do i feel that.
@LIENROSE (911)
if there is a chance and my physical body is okay, then why not, it is a good and best charity as you said
yes ,i have donated blood for three times ,two was in university ,one was in company when i worked... but now i just stop donation ,because a lot of people say that donation blood is harmful for your body ,it is not the same as the service man whom works in the donated station.... so i am hesitated about the donation...
@aurorastorm (1136)
I use to donate blood at least a few times a year. I never really felt like I was saving a life by doing something so not hard, but I always felt proud that I was doing what I could to help someone else. However, I have been sick on and off for the last 2 years, so have not been able to donate recently. I still want to do it, but am worried it will make me feel sick right now.
I donated blood twice and yes, I think I saved a life by doing so. The first is at school, when I was in college. Just for fun and of course to help. Second was when my grandmother got into the hospital for an operation. She lost lots of blood during operation. So first option is getting blood from the family, and I am healthy enough to do so. I can't however donate blood always. There is something with my blood being sucked out of my body. The machine, whatever it is called, cannot sucked out many blood out of my body. I noticed this on both blood donation. The doctors are thinking they could get like two bags out of me, because I am "healthy" enough to endure two bags, but they only get one because the machine can't suck the blood out of me. Which is really weird. I'm sorry for the word "suck/sucked", I'm really not sure about the proper word for the machine. However that's what it does. It sucks blood out of the body, right?
@BigTips (305)
I am not sure if donating blood is really a good and amazing action for different people. But at least, it is a fact sometimes, many people who are in need of the blood can recover again with the help of our donation. At the same time, donating blood regurally can keep you healthy all the time. Of course, before giving blood, you must be in good health to donate blood and feel well at the time of donation, which is a necessity for everyone.
@ANIME123 (2473)
It's always a nice gesture when you donate blood because you are actually saving somebody's life and that's always a good feeling to have. Unfortunately I can not donate blood because I do not weigh enough I am really skinny and I have to weigh more than 110 or something like that which I don't. I think that you have to weigh a certain weight because if not you might faint or something like me I think that if they took blood out of me I would faint right after because I don't have much blood to offer. Still if I weighed enough I would happily donate blood. In my school we always have these things were their called blood drives and we would be the key club members that helped with anything that we could like talking to them to try and make them feel relaxed before they got the needle in and we would also give them snacks after they were done so that they could get their energy back up.
@kedralynn (992)
I never could donate blood when I was younger. We'd have these blood drives in my high school and I'd get told that I was too small and weighed too little to donate. However now as a fairly healthy adult I think I should go try to donate again. My grandma showed me an award she got for donating a certain amount of blood in her life and I think I'd like to do something like that and do my part to help like her :)
I don't donate blood. We have a Biomat here in our area where you can donate blood plasma. Donating blood only happens every so often around here either at the hospital or the mall. They do pay you to do it, though. I did try to donate blood plasma one time.. but I am anemic and the nurse told me that my blood count was too low. I am not an organ donor either.
@babz02 (250)
I just donated last month to the Red Cross. And in our country, it will take another 6 months before I can donate again. It's nice to see that we are doing something really noble. And the thought that someday your blood will run through someone elses veins is really awesome! =))
@sach143_u (859)
Friend donating blood is really a life time achievement for human beings because he is saving a life by giving his/her blood. My friend's uncle was in need of blood and he called us means me and my friends to give blood and we went all to give blood but what happened is doctor rejected to take my and one of my friend's blood. Totally 6 we went and out of six, 2 are rejected why because we don't have that much of weight and strength to take blood. So doctor took remaining 4 friends blood and he did that operation.
@tomitomi (5441)
I use to but Not now because over here you can't be on any medication within the 24 hours of donating. Right now I'm on medication for my knees.
@sunny5u (2072)
Hi friend i am very curious to answer this question because i have donated blood nearly 8 times. First time my friend took me to the blood bank in visakhapatnam for his grand mother, i was very tensed for the first time. Second time i gave to my uncle when his condition was serious. From that time onwards it became habit to me. For every 4 months to 6 months i am giving blood. I feel very happy. My blood is O+ve. If anyone wants blood for mylot people i am eager to give. I love the mylotters......
@egsunio (76)
Yes i have donated blood usually for the Red Cross and sometimes when somebody needs it. I think its a good way to help others in need.
• Vietnam
Yeah, donating blood is the most sufficient charity method i ever know, its more realistic than those money in which you donated to organizations without knowing these's gonna be delivered to the poor or not. And unlike money, we can generate blood automatically and give them out forever
So far I have never donate blood yet..but I always treat that to a holy type of thing! yeah like you said maybe the blood you donate will just save a person dying .. I will try to donate my blood ~To do some donation to the society especially like this can make one feel happy~