What do you think the drinking age should be?

With drinking and driving on the rise I was wondering should the age be raised. I don't see many teens doing this in my area. I find the adults are the ones getting pulled over for this. So raisign the drinking age may not work. But,do you think they should make some changes to it? if you do what changes shoud there be? Thanks
In my opinion, no matter what age limits you put on drinking, it is still going to happen. The rise in drinking and driving to me is more of what is going on with the job market, and so on. Jobs are not that easy to get these days, especially if your not young enough for them. Try being over 50 heading to Burger King, apply for a job with let say someone that is 16, who do you feel with get that job? I already know the answer for the area I am in... It isn't an easy time in this country right now.. and where do most people turn to, to relieve the stress....DRINK... I don't but I know many who have or has been drinking even more.. Some have lost what they had left because they sank their sorrows into the drink. It is a sad time for many of us.
@2004cqui (2823)
80. Seriously, I would have to see those statistics. They've already tried to lower the drinking age. I was lucky and squeaked through when they changed the age to 17. What they noticed was friends were buying for younger friends. I was changed back, swiftly.
@2004cqui (2823)
That's why I say 80.
I would not want to buy this for others to drink outside of my home. If I were going to supervise them maybe.
I think drinking age should be 21 ..drinking is some serious thing like if you got drunk while driving it can harm not only you but others too..
• Argentina
i agree, with that. At least at that age you must have some kind of maturity.
no point in discussing!!!! bcos all together drinking is not good for any age, so start thinking how to get rid of drinking :)
Actually, I think that the wisest move would be to lower the drinking age. The reason that I feel this way is because my mother allowed my siblings and myself to have drinks at home occasionally when we were in our late teens and then when we got to the legal drinking age we were a lot more responsible about it. We never drink and drive and in all honesty, none of us drink all that often at all, we will just have a few drinks occasionally.
@maclanis (1868)
• Belgium
In my country the drinking age is 16, I believe. But there are a lot of kids who drink before that. However, we can't get our driver's license until we're 18. I'm okay with this arrangment. Therefore, you are probably able to control your drinking when you turn 18, and you can drive a car. I don't think they should raise the drinking age, because not all drunk drivers are people under 20.
@priyayogi (222)
The drinking habit is very bad habit for all human beings.the age limit is differ.but the teen age pepple and to 40 age people they want to drink it.it is not neccessary for all human beigns.In us both male and female people they want to drink it.
@ermadear (367)
different with what happen in here.in here no one can be driving when they drunk.if drunk,a lot happen to be accident.and a people who do that,will entering jell.and for can bring car,they must have licence and minimum age 18 years
@desita (5)
• Bulgaria
70 years, because then someone anyway losing his mind.
@aaronfyzeon (1920)
The age wherein a person should start drinking should be at least 21 years old. by that time you already graduated from college, start working and earning for your own. You should be responsible enough for your self that you should be able to buy your own drink and not depend on someone with your vices. It is not a vice if it is not too much but at least you can be proud that nobody has given a drink for you and you bought it for yourself out of your hard work.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I'm beginning to think all cars (and trucks) should be equipped with breathalyzers - standard!