Why would you save a person trying to commit suicide?

What would be the reason that you will stop a person who wants to die from dying? Is it that you want to stop him from his desire, just to piss him off?
@rmnrmn (583)
I want to make the person understand he will be great looser if he commit sucide....its an foolish act!!
What if he was really a fool and a loser? will that work?
@rmnrmn (583)
if that person is fool & looser, i will try to motivate that person to fight against life to become smart & winner. .......... life is all about ups & down...& if you don't lose anything, its impossible to know the feelings of getting things.....there is sorror to know how what is joy......if there is no dark , you might not know the importance of light!!
If you value life then you'd try to save that person from dying.
@dianajen (77)
i want to save his life and not to piss him off. his desire is just temporary and not for longterm. He might even regret for the rest of his life.
I was at a low point in my life a few years back. I could not see anything but a black whole in front of me. It is true even if it is hard to believe. I swallowed a bottle of pills that days and laid down. A neighbor who never came to my house did this day. She found me and then I woke up in the hospital getting my gut pumped. I would not ever want to know I could have save a life. The perosn must not be feeling very well at the time. But,I would stay with them well past normal hours to keep them safve. I would like the same done for me.