It Never Lies

@erikmama (12929)
Do you believe that the heart never lies? Should you always listen to what your heart tells you? My friend is dating the father of her child again, despite what they went through.She said she knows it may be silly, but her heart tells her it is right and the heart never lets you down. True love always finds a way to work things out, and if it is meant to be, it will be. What do you think about this? Do youfollow your heart despite who or what might get hurt in the way? Should you isten to your heart?
yes i believe that our heart sometimes lie and I experienced that I already when I was in high school i been court by my classmate for two years I like him also but I pretend to myself and to him that I don't like him coz I know that time that I'm not ready in a relationship and I want to focus in my study first but suddenly after college she meet another girl and I been married to someone else also, with that I realized that we not meant for each other and everything happen is have a reason
@erikmama (12929)
I dont think your heart lied to you in this situation. I think you knew what you wanted.Things happen for a reason. I think you can love someone but just not be able to be with them.He had other plans for you and it sounds like everything workded out good for the both of you!!
thanks for the comment erikmama maybe this is our destiny and I think we both happy for our decision
@erikmama (12929)
aND YOU HAVE THE BEST OF WISHES FROM ME!!
I think yes, because love makes you happy, it adds color to your rainbow. So why not take the chance to fall in love again to the same man which is the father of her child. Sometimes heart doesn't know how to get exhausted. Never tried to love again, give your heart a chance to experience happiness. Sadness and pain is natural, it's part of loving. There goes the saying, It's better to love and fail than to have not love at all. :-)
@erikmama (12929)
I am all for second chances, but first there should be some changes. But it is not easy to tell the heart to not feel what it wants to gfeel, and to have the opportunity to embark on that once again is worth the shot if it is truly love that you feel! Atleast she knows what to expect this time, and hopefully will not go into it full force. And, as far as my opinion of that saying~I'm not so sure about that. I think that I would rather have missed the pain and the hurt my heart will forever experience because of love~
But if you are afraid to love...then how can you be happy? Because in loving, sometimes you must face the truth. If you love a person whatever he do that you don't like will hurt you. In acceptance, if you really love the person and you want him in your life. But if you can't accept the person because you are afraid to be hurt then it's really not love at all. But if it's a second chance, then give him the benefit of the doubt but never risk all your heart so you won't be hurt again. :-)
@erikmama (12929)
I see what you are saying. We all know what love is-family,kids,etc.Of course love with a partner is something different.You have a point that if you dont try you will never know~If you love the person,you love the person.This is why I feel where she is coming from. BUT~sometimes you have to look at the whole situation. You love someone but love itself doesnt maeke everything right/
@Qaeyious (2362)
What are the things you are referring to when you wrote "despite what they went through?". If it involved abuse, whether psychological or physical, statistics that I heard say that there are many who never learn. There are always exceptions to generalizations, and one can always hope for the best.
@erikmama (12929)
No, the domestic violence woulda been my rtelationships!! Their relationship was just filled with lies and cheating,nothing else,but I dont really think he has changed!! I wish her all the best,but a dog is a dog!
@Qaeyious (2362)
Ah yes, I suspect there's a bit of that going around as well. I just recalled my mother telling us she never divorced because of us kids, and regrets it now that we're grown up. That's something maybe can be hinted at -
@erikmama (12929)
Staying together for the kids is never a good idea. That just makes everyone miserable. That does include the kids. BUT...I have been in her situation and there is nothing you can do when the heart wants something. She told me that they have been apart for more than a year and she still loves him as much as she did then...
the heart has nothing to do with it cuz its just an organ for blood circulation. the hypothalamus is actually responsible for our emotions...so its just a state of mind and its all in your head...
@erikmama (12929)
Yes, this part of our brain deoes control our emotions...But we love with our heart!LOL!
@erikmama (12929)
LMAO!!! I was thinking the same thing,Richnai! LOL! My knowledge of the hypothalamus ois very limited,and I did not know that starting this discussion would result in me needing to know more! hehe! Anyhoo,I agree Richnai. If you are in love with a person and desire to be wirth them then taking the chance is worth it.Atleast she is going into it knowing and hopefully wont just go full throttle into it. The heart knows what it awants and how it feels. s far as controlling our emotions, PLEASE tell me how to do this!
@picjim (3003)
To listen to the heart means we are allowing our emotions to rule.They may be right at times.On yet others we may end up getting into emotional difficulties.After a difficult experience with a person i prefer to let my head rule the heart.
I feel they need to balance each other out. With the experience of life stored in the mind and the emotions of the heart working together as a team. :)
@erikmama (12929)
But how do we know if it is our heart telling us something or our emotions? I think we should use them both. But it is like all of the things we know are badmwrong or not good for us is what we most want.
@sender621 (14956)
Your heart will never lie to you. It will not betray you. Your heart is what you must depend on. It will never belittle you, or curse you, or lead you astray. you can always trus what your heart tells you. Sometimes we are not so willing to listen to the heart. Even if it is painful, i always follow my heart. it will show me the way every time.
@erikmama (12929)
It is better to listen than to be sorry later on.Our heart always knows what it wants,even if the results arent what we hoed they would be.
The heart may not lie, thing is, it isn't always the other heart saying the same thing. Why do I say this? Because I followed my heart, problem was the heart of the other person didn't say the same thing. How do you heal from something like this? I don't know. The heart of everyone has lots to say, listen, listen with an open mind, doesn't mean you have to follow, but it is good to hear and take it in to help make decisions ahead of you. Remember your heart isn't the only one in the world that feels.
@erikmama (12929)
I know exactly where you are coming from. It does take 2 people to feel the same way and want the same thing. But if your heart is telling you that you wnat to be with this person and you do not listen to it then you will never know what might have been
@ybong007 (6658)
it depends on the person carrying the heart. There are people who use their heads more than their hearts while there are others who listen to their heart more than their heads. relationships are complicated and scenarios differ but what is common is people choosing what they want against what others want for them. but everything boils down to how each individuals own values. it's just like a tug of war. The big difference is how an individual uses his own common sense by taking everything including possible consequences. when you're in love it's no longer a matter of whose right or wrong because you will be blinded. It's just a matter of working everything out to make yourself happy. the only good thing if you follow your heart is you will not regret it later in life.
The "heart" for us girls can actually mean our emotions. And that's not always a good thing. Following our heart sometimes means following the deep down gut feeling that goes against everything we thought was right... etc...
@erikmama (12929)
I don't know~ Our heart knows what it feels. It is the center of our emotions!! I guess if it is meant to be ,it will be, and if its not, its not. Do you think people should get back together in situatuions such as this is that is "what their heart says do"?
True. The heart never lies. You should listen to it, to what it says. But you should you consider what your brain dictates you too. Listen to your heart but be guided by what your brain say. Because the heart sometimes think only about what is best for our emotions that's why sometimes, we are fooled and blinded by what it tells us. So, it is important to be guided by your mind and not merely rely on your heart. I guess that's one of the reasons why the bran is located above the hear in order for it to be guided by our mind in all decisions accordingly.
@erikmama (12929)
Well, guess her brain is telling her to go for it,too since that is what she is doing. So what do you think about that? Our heart never lies because we can not change anything about how it feels wethere we like it or not.
@bokal2703 (802)
I think that heart never lies, it will feel whatever it is that it really feels no matter how one denies it to himself. As they say, we can close our eyes to the things we do not want to see but we can never prevent our heart from whatever it wants to feel. However, I may say that even if heart tells us something, we also have to use our mind in deciding, it goes together, the heart and the mind. For there are always things that can be, but not all are right.
@erikmama (12929)
I agree! The heart always knws but you have to use your mind to help decide what is best for you!
@bounce58 (17524)
It's nice that your friend may have a good chance of working things out. Specially if it's already the father of her child. I believe that everybody deserves second chances, and I hope that for their child's sake, they do work out OK. As for me, I would be skeptical if the heart is the one dictating in my relationship. Although it may feel good at that time, I also know that I've been burned a few times. So, I would still try to use my head to make decisions. And hopefully, I would have the courage to make that decision, however hard it is.
@erikmama (12929)
I hope so. It is apparant she loves him and they do have their child.I always like to see happy endings! Our heart is always so vurnerable.I think we need to use ur hearts and minds to weigh the best choice for us in our life.
@bounce58 (17524)
This is weird! I just noticed that I didn't get any notifications that I got a BR for this response. Anyway, thanks!
I think that there are times that our heart is trying to tell us something but our mind is trying to tell us something completely different. I know that when it comes to most decisions I tend to follow my heart and that has worked out for the most part for me. Other times I have followed what my mind was telling me only to find out later that it was the wrong decision to have made in a situation. So, unless the past involved a lot of abuse, I think that it is fine for her to follow her heart.
@erikmama (12929)
No, there was no abuse in the relationship. My girl ain't going!! It was mostly(from what I know) him lying, not working, and I believe he cheated on her.But he is also not helping her take care of the baby either,so~ I do agree with the decision,though,because if you love someone,you love them.And if bot h parties still desire each other, why not? You know what you are heading ointo,and if there is nothing different,you will know.Otherwise you may live life always wondering waht might have been
Follow your heart, its the only way its so instinctive how amazing it is. It guides us it really guides us. so follow it and believe it, please believe it for somr reason it never fails.
@erikmama (12929)
Your heart will never lead you astray! Although the outcome may not be what we want or expect, knowing we tried will give us relief.
I would listen the heart first, then analyze it by reason. It's better to have a balance of views. I applaud your friend for her courage. Since she has already decided what to do, the best thing you can do for her is to give her full support.
@erikmama (12929)
I totally understand where she is coming from, so I do support her and am glad she is doing what makes her happy. I just dont think he has changed or what she needs but she is smart and will find that out on her own.I hope that I am wrong and that things work happily ever after for them though.It is so great when true love is able to make it.
• Pakistan
yep i believe that my heart never tell a lie. because he cannot see.........
I agree with you that the heart never lies. The heart will tell us the true desire from us. But the desire is endless. Follow my heart? I will be out of my mind.