why does GOD demand or request that we worship him?

why does God make us worship him like we are just his slaves?we were born to be free and if he just makes us worship him,I think he is so selfish.OR do you think, He is the only being that truly deserves worship...because He created us..control our life.. He requests that we acknowledge His greatness, His power and His glory God expects us to worship him as an expression of reverence and thanksgiving to him. But sometimes God wants even more than that.... God also expects us to be obedient to him... he wants not only for us to love Him...If we need something as a wish from God, do you think worship is necessary?
I do not recall anywhere or anyone saying to me that we must worship God, we so choose as a preference. I however choose to worship him over the devil as I have been taught that the devil is evil and God is Good. I live in the name of God, I do not believe I would be alive today, although struggling am living and breathing with two wonderful children. Yes God does expect me to be obedient, it is however the least we could do in exchange for life. Choosing to worship him is a choice and I do choose too, it is the only hope I wake up with daily, wishing and praying for at least a descent life. God definitely wants us to love him but above all he wants us to understand that if we love we can love anyone. I never expect anyone to understand and or agree but this is my belief and I live by it.
rated(+ positive) thanks for your answer
God wants to reveal his presence in us. It is possible only if we adore and worship him. There are people who adore film stars and starts acting and behaving like them. Similarly when we adore and worship God we get his qualities in us. That is the purpose of adoring and worshiping. It serves no other purpose.
Again, great analogy! See Jet Li's posters in your room, despite appears in different poses, they're him, not his son or spirit, right?
Jet Li's son would be just Son of Man, and his birth would be as birth of any other mortal.
Good answer....rated (+ posititve)
@vandana7 (66823)
Hi Crazy, god never said that, but the priests did. In any event, worshipping god has some advantages. Your mind moves away from your problems at present, making you calmer, and your thinking process starts becoming more rational instead of you remaining high strung and reacting emotionally. That may help you solve some problems in hand, effectively god's blessings. Your blood pressure also remains down. And you keep away from evil ones, and evil thoughts. So the basic concept is not bad at all. It is how it is implemented that may make it right or wrong. :)
thanks for your answer rated(+) positive...Nice answer
and yaa! I forgot 1 thing.... A beautiful Smile for you (see my avatar) :) hehe
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
First of all, do you understand the meaning of 'worship'? It means, literally, "recognising or acknowledging the worth or value of something". Next, do you truly understand what God is? Have you met Him, spoken with Him, listened to Him? Have you met anyone or know anyone (human) who has had this experience? God is not just the Creator of all things, He is actually present in all of His creation. Creation is NOT something that happened once and then everything was perfect, fixed for all time and done, finished. It is something which is ongoing and which can only exist because God exists. The wonderful news is that we are INVITED to take part in this creation, to be part of God's plan, His greatness, His power and His glory. He doesn't control our lives. We are INVITED to go with the flow of creation, to acknowledge and appreciate the way it works and to use our will and ability to choose to help rather than hinder it. THAT is what the process of 'worship' is about! It has nothing to do, really, with going to Church on Sunday, singing hymns, praying, being mesmerised by the whole panoply of the large, impressive building; the incense; the chanting the priestly mutterings; the half understood readings from the Holy Book or the constant exhortations not to sin (and the consequent feeling of failure when we think we have). It has everything to do with welcoming God into our hearts. He is there already in a sense, because we are, after all and whether we like it or not, a part of Creation, but it is only by acknowledging Him, by welcoming Him and by being willing to listen to what He has to say to us PERSONALLY that Creation becomes part of us ... part of our way of life.
@voldrox (7204)
Interesting.
@akn1961 (1035)
god does not demand anything, this has been made by so called good people to distract people from wrong doing.It is meant for diverting peoples mind from bad work and attracting towards ood work and for welfare othanks of humanity as a whole.thanks for sharing.
The reason god wants people to worship him is because the more believers he has the more powerful he gets. If no one or very few people believe in him then god will vanish out of existence. God wants worship because it helps boost his self-esteem. It makes god feel good when people do anything for him. God is willing to grant prayers but only if he feels like it and wants to do it. The reason God requires believers to do his dirty work because god can't effect those who don't believe in him or believe in a different god. That is why god orders people to kill those who worship a different god in the bible.
@voldrox (7204)
Hi crazy_poster, God never forced us with anything. He expects respect from us, and He deserves it. If one doesn't believe in God, then why ponder over the question of worshiping Him(/Her). I do believe in God. He had created us, but He never was possessive of us nor did He ever control us. He gave us total freedom (and that is how adam and eve ate the fruit he warned them from eating according to Christian belief). Had God not given us freedom, we would not have sinned in the first place. We would all have obeyed anything He would have ordered and we would not be fighting amongst ourselves like we do now. And as you say, to have something we need to pray to God. Those who sincerely pray to God don't ask for material things. It is not that we will not get unless we pray, and it is not something we beg from God either. To achieve something God expects us to work on it too, rather than just praying and asking to God. Anyways, judging God is not for us to do. It is plain and simple, if one wants to believe in God then do, otherwise why care at all? We have freedom to do anything, God has given that freedom.
@nancy0618 (477)
i never knew that GOD ask us to worship him, from the beginning people are already worshipping things which they also considered to be their GOD, people tends to look for some outlet whenever we have problem, and then we re sort to praying and that somehow relieves the heavy feelings that we have
@ANIME123 (2473)
I don't really know I guess we don't worship him, but we just honor him and pray to him when we are having troubles and hopefully he answers are prayers. Well that's what my mom taught me and I guess I have to stick by it or she will get mad at me. I think that God is truly a great man and created this earth and animals and also lets not forget humans. Very powerful it just amazes me how he created so much.Truly amazing.
@Lore2009 (7389)
Hello, I was wondering which religion this is based on. I wouldn't worship anyone who would enslave me.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
I don't believe that god exists. I believe it was a method for people to think about their problems more relaxingly and nowadays people tend not to think for themselves anymore, they hope that god fixes everything for them and believe that it happens when worshiping obsessively and also apply a book written 2000 years ago which in my eyes is wrong. Time flies, things change and so do opinions. I understand people don't want themselves and others to commit abortion but they shouldn't decide or make it impossible for someone else to do what they want and that is what is currently happening, same goes for gay marriage. You can also call it weird that science has proven that a lot of things described in the Bible can't have happened. Of course people will say it's only there to take lessons from but that's a bit too easy... @ those thinking about giving a negative rating: I am not assaulting you, just reread my post and think about it. If it doesn't make you think, that's fine too.
@rappeter13 (5298)
I think that if you read or know the Ten Commandment you will find answers to your questions. I think that the First Commandment which says not to have any other gods before Him, and the Second Commandment which says that you shall not make for yourself and idol(...) for I the Lord your God am a jealous God(...) and the fact that Jesus taught us to pray and He also prayed are the proof that we have to pray and we have to worship our God. So I think is necessary, because we have to realize that we need His help in everything we do.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
I believe in a very good God that doesn't demand worshiping. I think He wants our sacrifice through his other children, that would be the human kind, the animals a and the green. Keep praying all weekends and giving money to Churches is one thing, now helping the elderly, adopting a child, saving animals is another and I'm sure that if I own the whole Universe I would love to see everyone helping each other out. That's the thing would make a Father happy: to see His family united.
@sinaj292 (602)
According to Islam.. Almighty made people to worship him...... Islam says all should worship god..but still also in this holy moth of Ramzan so many are not worshiping...I think god made human to worship him.......
@man2sting (637)
Imagine, a substance, the only Most Powerful! He deserves it. Unless He isn't beyond compare, like when you consider yourself His son.
There is no such thing as God which controls and commands are lives… the way we think of God is the way we humans ourselves behave…control, command, jealousy, obedience, granting wishes, selfish, generous…all these are human traits with which we like to paint God as per our own imagination and satisfaction. Instead I believe in the greater cosmic force that drives all life in this planet and of which, each minutest life is a part. I believe in soul, reincarnation and karma and so, my connect with God is not to seek anything but to know more about my own inner self.