Tattoos and meanings

@Absinto (2398)
Portugal
Usually people get tattoos because of its meaning to them. I have recently got a tatto of a fairy which represents the change of a stage of life, she is on my right shoulder. I made this tattoo because i was experiencing changes of life, i was calming down and am not so wild anymore. I am starting to turn into a better person so to say. Do any of you have tattoos? Where and what do they mean to you?
@max1950 (2313)
when i turned 20 i got into asian culture and got my first asian dragon, 40 years later i have 17 various asian tats, 15 of which are dragons in various sizes and forms, my son and daughters name, and my best friend max my lhasa, who passed 1 year ago last week.
@Absinto (2398)
• Portugal
I also like asian culture and tattoos to represent that are pretty cool ;)
I do have tattoos and they all have meaning. I have a flower I drew on my shoulder with my best friend's (when growing up) initials. She was killed when we where twelve years old and on the fifth anniversary I got it. Yeah I know it was at an illegal age but we trouble makers have our ways..lol I have a fairy on my leg to symbolize me. Around her are assorted bugs each representing one of my daughters, a bumble bee is to come for the newest girl who is only two months old yet. When done with that it will be filled in with a church on the other side of my leg with grave stones with the initials of the babies we lost the rest will be a garden of clover and flowers. On my neck is a silhouette heart of my husband and I with our wedding date, again one I drew. Also we got mariner gold stars on our ten year anniversary to celebrate that and plan to get another when we hit 20. We like these stars because they each have ten sections to represent each year.
@Absinto (2398)
• Portugal
Wow Thanks for the response. Loved to hear about your tattoos, and i think your ideias for your your next tattoos are great !
My tattoo is of my daughter name on my left upper arm. I wnat another one on my arm or my back. The pain is so horrible though.
@Absinto (2398)
• Portugal
I think that the pain is worth it :)
@sender621 (14956)
I think it is interesting to see the different and unique tattoos that some people have. i don't have any tattoos myself. This is just not something i can see myself doing. Some tattoos are fascinating artwork. When i see a tattoo that captures my interest, i like to see if i can find it's meaning. Some tattoos can be quite inspiring and spiritual and emotional.