My Name Isn't Earl, But...

@erikmama (12934)
i was thinking about a lot of things latley, and how my life has turned out. I feel like there have bee n people in my life I have unintentionally did wrong( I was in an abusive relationship,mentally depressed,etc.), and now I feel like there is something that I need to do to try to right my wrongs. On My Name is Earl he makes a list of those he has done wrong and geos and tried to make things right with them. Do you think a person can right their wrongs? Should you go back and try to corect what you have done or let the past be in the past? Have you ever did this?
I do believe that people are able to correct those things that they have done wrong in their past, but it isn't something that I've ever had to do. One of the people that I went to high school with did a lot of people dirty when he was younger and then after we'd graduated from high school he became a Christian and part of his journey was to apologize to those people that he had done wrong and I really believe that it made a world of difference to him even if it was in the past and didn't bother those people that he thought he'd hurt.
@erikmama (12934)
You are a very lucky person. I know that I have done a lot of things that I really should apologize about, but what I am refering to now is those who are close to me, that I did not meant to hurt. My life has been so screwed up for the last few years a lot o people have gotten hurt without me even realizing it/So I feel rpretty bad about it. I thin k that is sa great idea, though I do not think everyone who you have wronged is going to want to hear the apology,but then again, it is amazing how sometimes something so simple can make suhc a hufe differene/
Sorry to hear about your experiences in your previous relationships, They say let the past be the past and most of the time they are right. Although i don't really believe second chances, but i think you will benefit a lot if you said sorry and apologized for everything, after all you wont feel guilty and the best case scenario is, the person accepts your apology.dont be so buddy-buddy again, just move on with your life and say hi once or twice a month. Be nice and just treat them as you will any decent human being, with time, they will be normal. I never crossed someone unless you count the college school melodrama of relationships, i broke with a friends sister and he is still so cold to me, i think he believed her crap but i dont regret anything.
@erikmama (12934)
You dont believe in second chances under any circumstances? You cant move on from the past until you have closure frok it, I do not believe. The [eople that I sm speaking of are people very close to me that your sufggestions are not possible to do for me.
@gabs8513 (48716)
No you I do not believe you should what I do believe though is to learn from it and to remember that is not the way to go The past is the past now Sweet and you need to leave it the past just go forward now and learn That is what Life is all about we learn all the way through it
@erikmama (12934)
Everything that we do should be a learning experience if we are smart.But sometimes ther are relationships that need to be repaired with those yo are closest to.