can you eat or dine without a pepsi or cola at the side?

Good day to you. It is somehow automatic whenever we eat and dine in a restaurant, that aside from our favorite foods that we order and ask for, we also order and add in our list of order the pepsi or cola - where it is very seldom that we forget to order this drink. That even we are with our kids, hence, they are the ones who reminded us to order a bottle of pepsi or cola. Now a days, I find it very common - that this bottle of softdrinks is becoming a part of our meal. Though, there are some who still not dwelling on drinking this. But, how about you, do you eat and dine in a restaurant without a pepsi or cola in your table? Can you eat without a bottle of softdrinks at your side?
@tonyllenium (6267)
yes is ttrue many people like having their dinner or lunch drinking a coke or pepsi anyway may eb sometimes it happened to me in the past but now i totally quit to drink softdrinks when i ahve a dinner ina restaurant for example...
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I am not a pepsi or coke lover,but I do drink them once a while. But not every month. Soft drinks are too gassy and may not good for health if were to drink too often,especially for young kid, it is best to avoid giving them too much soft drink. Sometimes, when eating at restaurant, I will order coke, i seldom have pepsi. Then add bit of salt and it taste nicer.
@nangisha (3504)
Hi airasheila!. Honestly I don't like to eat my food with soda I usually eat it with plain water. I think soda change the taste food I need and it sweet so it will be add extra calories to what I eat. I usually drink it if I really want it, its means rarely because I prefer cold green tea.
Yes, because I have to watch my sugar intake. And soda's has lots of sugar. And also because my dad has diabetes, so I really have to watch for it. I'll just order a juice or just water. I'd be really okay with that.
• Slovenia
I can. I mean usually when I'd go eat out I order a strawberry juice and sometimes I used to order a cocal-cola, but never anyhing else. However, I do buy it sometimes and drink it up while having luch. I love pepsi, but I don't like cola anymore.
@goldeneagle (6776)
I will sometimes order a drink such as a coke, pepsi, or tea when I go out to a restaurant. I used to order a drink every time I went out to eat, however, I drink a lot of water these days, so I will usually just drink water whenever I go out to eat. Water is better for you than soft drinks, and drinking water instead of ordering a drink will also save you a lot of money if you go out to eat a lot...
@lfloresca (116)
Yes, Of course. It is not good to us if we always drink soft drinks it can cause cancer and also diabetes. I drink soft drinks but not always. We must drink lots of water after drinking cola or and soft drinks to avoid any diseases.
it's hard to believe but we seldom take this drink even at restaurants. Even my kids do not usually drink carbonated beverages, maybe because they are used to not seeing us drink them as well. When we dine at restaurants we order bottled water... that we cannot live without. I drink 3 liters of water a day, minimum. We are 6 in the family and we consume 5 gallons a day. We only drink soft drinks when bottled water is not available.
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
Well, I usually have my meals while drinking water or cold tea, so I can live without soft drinks like Coke or Pepsi. To tell you the truth I dislike Pepsi's taste, as it's too sweet and tastes like a bad copy of Coke However, this is a liking thing. I don't need to drink softdrinks all the time, but many other people like them very much and they, of course, will want to enjoy their meals with their favourite drink
I like to drink fruit juices a lot and I don't drink soft drinks much. I rarely drink them. Whenever I go to a restaurant, I like to have either a fruit juice or badam tea.
@vathsala30 (3726)
Definitely I can eat or dine without a pepsi or cola at the side. Normally during the week ends we will dine out side. First we order for a soup then meals, finally ice cream and fresh fruit juice. This is our way of eating food. Even my children also do not like soft drinks
@jinjer168 (1599)
Hi there! I like soft drinks like coke or pepsi but i could eat without them. There's a craving for soft drinks when our weather here in the Philippines is so hot but as much as possible, i didn't drink soft drinks too often because i knew that it has too much sugar content that is not good for our body. Instead, i just prepare fresh calamansi juice, pineapple or orange juice or just plain cold water so we could avoid drinking soft drinks. If we dine out together as a family, we shifted to drinking iced tea or fruit shakes plus water. HAve a nice Sunday!
I can eat without pepsi or cola on the side.I cannot eat without water.I drink pepsi or cola once in a while.I can drink pepsi or cola even if I am not eating.I just don't make it a part of my meal.
@juggerogre (1659)
Yes I can eat without softdrinks. I'm really controlling myself now when it comes to drinking soda. I'm drinking soda at most twice a week. But I'm still considering coke zero if it really doesn't help in increasing our weight. I'm into weight management now and we all know how big the quantity of sugar in a regular coke or pepsi.
@chinoxads (255)
Depends, when i'm eating or dinner out of my home i drink cola, but when i'm home and if there's no pepsi or cola, i just drink water.
@juryse (753)
I'm trying to cut back on my cola intake. So I haven't been ordering that when I dine out. I would usually have juice or water only.
@Lindalinda (4116)
Yes, indeed I can and will dine and eat out without pepsi or cola, even without diet pepsi or cola. I hate to spoil your appetite for this evil drink. Did you know that one botle of coke contains 13 teaspoons of sugar and if you allow yourself or your children even only one small bottle a day the weight gain over a year will be 15 pounds. Don't take my word for this but these soft drinks add to hyperactivity in children, create rotting teeth and obesity. There is plenty of good research done in this field. Just check it out on the internet. I used to allow myself a diet coke or pepsi from time to time but now I keep reading that the artificial sweetener aspartame which is used in diet drinks is also a health concern. Too bad, everything that is tasty seems to be bad for us.
@katiesueg (259)
I used to enjoy pepsi or coke with my meals in restaurants, but not any more. For one thing, most restaurants really overcharge for their drinks. Any more I have water with my meals and I am fine with that.
@Iequate2 (280)
Yes I can! lol Hello airasheila, I can eat out at a restaurant without a cola with my meal. The main reason is, cola causes belching. I do not want to belch in public, especially if I am on a date. I will order iced tea or hot tea depending on the Season, and drink water. :)
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
I usually eat out and order sweet tea with my meals or if it is breakfast I will order coffee.