A friend has a date today, and he kept on texting me last night

I guess that my friend was nervous about this girl he met at work. Her name is Connie, he told me everything about her, and how great she is. One day, my friend summon all of his courage to ask her to go out for dinner, she finally answer "why not, let's do it." On that night after work, he was so perky, and kept on calling me about this date on the weekend. Where he should go and what he should do. Although he wants to pretend to be cool, I knew that he is nervous. Last night while I was at my work, he kept on texting me because he couldn't sleep at all. Wow, I think that he likes that girl so much, although he is a little amateur, but he will be okay I guess.
@Angelgirl16 (2177)
Hi kingparker, Of course, your friend was nervous. He has finally gotten a girl that he like very much to agree to have dinner with him. He doesn't know how things are going to turn out.Will she like him as much as he likes her or will he find out after having dinner with her, that he doesn't like her as much as he thought he did? The only way to know where the relationship can go is to go on the date. It was good that he had his friend who understood that he was nerve and was willing to give a listening ear. I am sure just been able to talk or text things over with you helped him relax a little before the date. I hope he has a great relaxing time with his dinner date.
@aaronfyzeon (1920)
Wow! That is nice of him to date who he really wanted. He should just be himself and not pretend to be cool. He should just act naturally and it will not be screwed up. If he tries to not himself then it will really show because it will show up in an awkward manner. As for you, it's perfectly fine for him to text you. are you not flattered that he is consulting you because he might think that you are the expert on this dating stuff. Have a great week ahead of you.
Hello kingparker, Maybe he was really nervous in this matter. i don't know but is this the first time he actually met some one and then got nervous after putting all of that courage. but i hope he just keep his cool, or the lady would be worried instead of having a good time. probably he likes the girl but infatuated with her.
On the one had that is quite alright it shows that he cares about making a good impression. On the other hand he needs to stop trying so hard and relax and just be himself. Over doing it may make for a really bad date. Hope all goes well with your friend and his date.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
That would be too exciting. Your friend must be very much in love that is why he felt so nervous about the date. Some guys who were used to dating girls never acts like that,so i can assume that your friend really love the girl. I hope his date will be going fine and memorable too. Have a good day always
too exciting could end up being too nervous at the same time. i think this guy is dating a girl for the firs time or probably not for a long time. well, it's just a date and doesn't really give any good results for that matter.
@grace24 (1050)
I think he likes the girl because he will not make an effort just like that if he doesn't like the girl. Maybe he feels very tense and nervous that's why he acts that way. Just help him out if he asks something about the date. Is this the first time that he will be going into a date? Well, if that so help him and give him a proper advise. Goodluck to your friend.
About advise, I am not a date doctor. What works for me, it might not work for him. I just won't want to ruin everything for him. I just want him to be himself, and he should be okay.
@bloemart (222)
I think he must know first the woman's likes and dislikes. Then he can decide what place they can go to. You can also give some tips and some do's and don'ts during the first date. He should be impressive and just tell him that he should not be nervous because it is really turn off for girls.
@jennyze (7045)
He likes Connie very much and does not want anything go wrong in the first date. He wants this date would continue to a certain relationship. So, be a good teacher for him and tell him what to say and what to do. Be a good friend to him and calm him as well as encourage him.
@daliaj (5689)
He will be okay my friend. It is normal for your frioend Connie to feel that way. I feel most or some of the guys often feel the same way during the same situation. I have heard it from my male friends. So, tell your friend to be relaxed and be prepared. He can even visit websites about how to have a successful first date. Let us hope for the best.
@hestylim (1211)
I think he might be nervous because that he likes that girl so much. I ever had dinner with a guy, he actually dated my sister. That man couldn't even eat, just because he was too nervous. He kept his eyes on my sister. His food was still in a good condition until we had finished ours. And yes, he loved my sis so much. So does your friend. That girl must mean a lot to him.
he is so nervous and i think you two are very close friends. he needs your encouragement and suggestions. the most import thing is confidence. just be himself and confident. that's ok. wish him good luck.