Every Taken the Company Office Supplies?

@ladym33 (11008)
I once had a job where I was in charge of the companies office supplies. I actually had to lock up certain things such as batteries because if I didn't they would disappear within 24 hours after I placed them in the supply cabinets. So if someone wanted a battery they had to come and ask me for one. Have you ever taken anything from the work supply closet for your own personal use? I used to get boxes from my old work, but I actually asked first. So if you asked that still counts.
@eltobh (231)
Well, I also have experience in maintaining office supplies, and different regulations were applied by previous companies I worked for. Some did care, and asked me to record supplies stocks, so whenever a person asked for a stock, I knew whether s/he already requested for one previously, and for that reason, the request will no be granted for a period of time. However, the company I work now, allows everybody to take any supplies from the cabinet. Nobody record the stocks specifically. For me, I did not really feel right to take something from the supplies stock for my personal use. I prefer to do it like you do, ask first. Never know when the audit comes, hehe..
@hestylim (1211)
Well, I probably take pens with me. But I just put it in my pencil case and use it at work and at home. Sometimes I buy my own things and I use it for my office needs as well.. So, I just it's a balance. ^^
@jennyze (7048)
I do, mostly pens. I need one in my bag always, because my boss often called me when I was on the road or at home. I need one ready to take note, so I took pens home.
@sender621 (14956)
I have never taken anything from a place i worked. It is not worth losing a job to take something that belongs to your employer. it is still stealing even if you work there. It just isn't worth the sacrifice in the end.
@gloryacam (5546)
I usually do not take company office supplies because I feel guilty when I do. The times that I took home supplies are when they I'm really in need of them, and I ask for permission. Being in charge of supplies, I guess is a difficult one, especially during inventory. Especially if you have fellow workers who like taking home the supplies. The problems would arise during an audit where you have to take an inventory of your stocks and a lot of items would be missing. Hope that hadn't happened to you.
@hmkoct5 (2067)
I used to be in charge of ordering supplies at my job as well, and it was very frustrating because I had a budget to stick to, but items would disappear very quickly. I never took anything until my last day of work. I took what I had left in my desk, but it was nothing big. I think it was a couple binder clips and some post-its. It was probably still wrong though.
@marsha32 (6689)
I've taken office supplies, but never before asking first. We had things disappear all the time, and not just office supplies, but lunch supplies too like straws, napkins, paper towels. It's pretty sad that all of that had to also be put into locked cabinets. Marsha
@meowcow (939)
Awww no fortunately I have been employed in companies with access to a lot of freebies so I didn't even have to ask. We would always get company giveaways and their products so our boss always made sure we had a part of the "bag of loot" as he would call it. I wouldn't anything from a company that pays me my pops taught me better. Interesting topic, ladym33! ++!