Your Technology

I got a new wireless keyboard and mouse (it was a gift), and I'm looking forward to hooking it up. Apparently, with something my computer friend already did to my computer I can now use the keyboard and mouse on my TV, because I can get everything on my computer straight to my television. Make sense? I'm sure someone has a better way of explaining that. Anyway, what is the latest techno doo dad you've got? I'm not very up to date when it comes to technology, so you could probably tell me about your new can opener and I'd be impressed.
hi ambiepam the only thing I have is a wireless mouse and the pointer keeps wandering into sites I do not want to be on, which cause me a bit if irritation at times otherwise I love it as its so much easier to use than my old one. I have no other new things, my son has one of those dodads he can plug into my computer and add stuff , it looks just like a key on a long string but it carries a lot of memory. I do not know what its called but he can do amazing things with it. lol lol
@meowcow (943)
Can openers LOL! I love gadgets as well and I like how they are becoming more and more integrated with one another. I have everything hooked up to everything! Laptops are connected to TVs and phones are connected to the laptops. I just love the convenience. setting up is getting easier and easier as well. Congrats on the wireless keyboard and mouse sounds like you have some super relaxed interwebs surfing ahead of you... :P
I think I need you to be my neighbor. You must know what you're talking about!
@meowcow (943)
Yeah it's kind of become my petty obsession to learn about them. I love wireless technology we don't even need portable drives or long wires to exchange or stream videos anymore. I hope you'd like me as a neighbor though I almost never turn the music off and I'm gonna try to bag new speakers for every room in the house next. But I mostly play easy listening stuff anyway, so it's kinda like Starbucks without all the people. Good day! +!
@Lakota12 (42684)
sounds nice to have I think my son hooked me up on a wireless router and I hated it so I took it off!
Really? I love having wi-fi. The wireless router never got in my way. It's been years since I've gone without it.
@Lakota12 (42684)
wi-fi isnt what he put on it the wireless was messing witht he programs I had installed on my puter and started getting viruses not sure that it was the router but really had no more trouble after I took it off!
@gabs8513 (48764)
Ok you have managed to totally confuse me lol Why do you see everything on the TV ? Nope you have got me there lol
I don't know how they do it, so I can't tell you the techno stuff about how to hook it up, but I can tell you the benefits. I can be sitting on my couch now, and sending e-mails. Instead of seeing everything on my smaller computer screen, I can now see it all on my larger TV screen. It's supposed to be hooked up tomorrow. It's going to be nice when my back is acting up. I'll be able to sit in my recliner and just do everything on my TV that I normally would on my computer.
@Opal26 (17691)
Hey Amber! Congrats on your latest gift! That will be really cool with the new tv! I am no good at all with techy stuff! I have no idea how the keyboard can to anything with the tv so when you find out please let me know!lol I just go another new printer, but this one is a laser jet so I will use it for printing only. The other one that I got last month is a 3 in 1 Copier-Scanner-Printer and it makes photos from my Digital Camera that I still don't know how to use! I got all this stuff as gifts from my "sort of son" who is a Staples Manager and buys them for me on sale! He finally hooked up his 2 year old Acer refurbished laptop and I love it! Want to take it to Florida but don't know if I can get a signal and it is heavy so don't know yet if I will take it or not! I guess we both have "Guardian Angel Gift Givers" and we both are lucky and thankful to have them! And I love you to Sis! Love, Les, Star & Luna
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
This sounds wonderful and to be honest, I did not know that this could be done. But you know already that I am so last century with technology. I really try to learn new things but unless I do them repetitively then I forget them in quick time. So I often make a list of the stages to complete when trying to do something. This is my coping mechanism. Nothing technologically new in my life at all. Blessings
@jillhill (37384)
I am a bit behind myself. I didn't know you could do it through your tv...I guess a couple of years ago I updated myself with a dvd player...digital camera and a laptop all at one time.....besides that here I sit not even having an ipod....and I wouldn't know how to use it if I did! LOL
With the introduction of Blue-tooth technology, wireless devices are becoming very common. In the my television i use blue-tooth to play the songs through my mobile and watch Blu-ray rips by connecting it to my CPU. As it looks very odd to see many wires around my PC i use wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and wireless headphone. I am also planning to get a wireless home theater system as with the current one i don't like the minimum length of wires, just i am waiting for its price to reduce a little bit. I just want to know my friend that how are you running keyboard and mouse on your television, so that i can also do it.
@paula27661 (15899)
A wireless keyboard sounds great. I have a wireless mouse too which I love! I am not too technologically minded. I have my trusty laptop and mobile phone…What spins me out is the Wii and the way it detects your movements etc…I know it is not a big deal either but it still amazes like it did the first time I ever saw one! Enjoy your new keyboard!
• Marion, Kansas
What a nice gift and good friend to set up your computer to view on TV. I have nothing new at this time. I want to get a new laptop within the next month or so. Scraping up pennies to try to do so. Just think of all the toolbars I could have on the screen if I was viewing everything on my television. I really would like a new flat screen monitor. My computer is old but trucks along just fine for what we do with it, since I put more memory on this year.