hear or listen?

@len1415 (195)
Yes we hear a lot of things but do we intend to listen?be careful not to mistaken the two words, we hear sounds and different noises but once you give attention that's the time when you start to listen. How often do you hear sermons and advises? Have you tried to listen and evaluate them? How often do you hear your friends confiding their problems, do you just hear or you let them feel you're listening? When your teachers are explaining, do you just hear them talk or you listen to understand?Analyze now...
@dapers (51)
Listening is intentional, hearing is not. English is a very weird language indeed.
@CTHanum (8254)
most of the time i listen to to them.if we just hear it we tend and almost ignore it afterwards.so better be a good listener and listen intelligently to others.then you will get the same feedback when it's your turn to speak.everyone hates talking to a wall.especially a BRICK wall.i feel like i wanna smash it but it will result to hand and foot pain.no point!
@CTHanum (8254)
@p3ks626 (6550)
with my situation right now, I think I would prefer to have a listener rather that just hear. I think there's a huge difference between the listening and just hearing. I just want once person to understand me.
@Tresaqwe (376)
I try to listen to everything, but normally I think that I just hear things. When I know something is going on negatively in someone's life I will make sure to listen to what they are saying so that I don't seem like a horrible person, but in normal conversations I normally just hear and probably don't listen very hard. I do try to listen to my teachers, though, because I am trying to get a good grade. :]