can I use crisco oil/extra virgin olive oil to oil my sewing machine?

I can't for the life of me find my sewing mcahine oil. I think it is hiding from me. Where my goo goe is hiding as well. I think my machine is skipping because it needs oils. So please let me know this I have a customers bag to finish. Thanks
@Polly1 (12648)
Don't do it. I once used vegetable oil and it gooped up in my machine. It ruined it. For sure don't use the crisco. If you had to use the olive oil, use some but then get sewing machine oil right away to put in it. Personally if at all possible, get the sewing machine oil and don't use any cooking oil. My machine got so screwed up it wouldn't work anymore.
I am going to look on ebay right now for this oil. I used the olive oil and most of it ran out of the machine. But it is doing a better job. I will not use it again. I can't afford to mess this machine up. Thanks
@cream97 (29166)
I am not really sure. I think that it would be best of you would use olive oil on your sewing machine. It is more natural than Crisco.
That is what I was going to put in there. So you just helped me again Cream97,I a going to now go put this in it and hope for the best. It beats a dry machine..
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
Never ever use anything but machine oil. Go to any hardware store and ask for machine oil. I wouldn't bother with Ebay. The shipping will eat up any savings you may get. The oil is cheep. You only need 1 drop per oil spot. A 4 ounce can will last you a lifetime.