I finally moved

@winterose (39931)
It was the move from hell, I have never been so stressed out over a move in my life. First I couldn't find a place that I could afford, then I couldn't get the move together, then the landlord had promised some money for moving and it looked like he wasn't going to come through with it. if you are interested in all that happened during the move pm me and I will send you the link to article I wrote about it. in the meantime for discussion purposes, what is the thing you hate most about a move and why?
@ElicBxn (60184)
I hate EVERYTHING about moving. I hate packing, I had cleaning, I hate lugging stuff around, I hate unpacking. You name it, I hate it.
@winterose (39931)
me too, I wish I could just be born and die in the same house, but just is not life.
• Marion, Kansas
We would make quite a trio. I never finish getting things sorted out before more people either move in or out of my house and life.
Wait this party would not be complete without me. Four years later and as I type I see the bins and crates across the room. Because of space constraint and well eventually have to do it again. Ugh - I hate the word move period.
Packing and unpacking. Even when it was a good move , it was getting everything unpacked that bummmed me out.
@winterose (39931)
yep and then having to wash everything, like the dishes, I even wash all my clothes when I come to a new house, I just like everything fresh.
I am so happy you found a place. Enjoy in good health.
Are you one of those people that 'if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all'? I hate having to move my heavy books. For the most part I have done away in one way or another most of my books but still there are old and rare books or ones I enjoyed and want to keep and they are SOOOOOOO heavy. And then moving my little nic nacs. I usually move them in my car so I am responsible and not my movers. I don't have alot of belongings or furniture or anything. Thank goodness. Please do send me the link if you would.
@winterose (39931)
okay sending you the link now. I hate moving too.
@Polly1 (12650)
I HATE MOVING, I hate everything about it. I haven't moved very many times in my life. The last time I moved was 5 years ago. I'm still not all the way unpacked. When I was in the process of moving I still had stuff in a box from my last move, 20 years prior. I didn't even move far, right next door. You would think that would make it easier, nope it was still moving and a big huge pain in the rear. Now I own my own house, so hopefully I won't have to move again. I just hate it. The best thing about a move is when its all done. Glad its all over for you, hope you don't have to move again for a very long time.
@winterose (39931)
phase one is not even over that is unpacking, then phase two is getting things we need now that we moved, replacing stuff we had left behind and so on.
@webeishere (36377)
Grats and good luck finally. I have always hated moves. In my 36 years in Minnesota I've lived in maybe 10 places top. I hate finding things that are useless as you pack. Then I hate it even more when things are lost in the move as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@winterose (39931)
yep I lost a lot, in the move, i do every time, then I had to give up stuff I really didn't want to because the place is too small. There is still so much more I have to get done here, but I think we did good so far for only being here since August 9, I lived in one place the first 18 years of my life, then I lived in another place for 23 years, I just hate moving. I was in the last place for 6 years before this move.
@Lakota12 (42794)
NEver minded moving when I had 2 house holds one I moved the other was perm. Now after beig here in one spot for over 10 years I would sure hate to move it would be the packing and unpacking I would hate also looking for a place here with trees! I have three in fri=ont yard right now but there are not many in the valley
@winterose (39931)
yeah trees are nice, I live in the city and each move I made I have been fortunate enough to have a tree in front of my window, this last move it is slightly to the side but it is still a tree close to the window
• Marion, Kansas
packing, sorting, and throwing out. Of course I personally have not moved in years, but due to some personal mistakes I ended up moving my son while he was not in town. He is separated, and living with me now, and they lost the house.
@winterose (39931)
I hate it all, I wish I didn\t have to move.
@BarBaraPrz (18067)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Mostly, just the disruption of having to put things away. You want something specific but you've packed it, probably in a box you've sealed with tape, too. And then when you get to the new place, those boxes refuse to unpack themselves while you're trying to figure out where to put things.
@winterose (39931)
I didn't even have boxes everything is in garbage bags, lots of stuff left behind though, it is awful.
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
I hate moving..that is why I haven't moved in 14 years. But my mother seems to move at least 2-3 times a year and since I am the only one to help her of 8 kids I end up doing a lot myself since my mom doesn't/can't help. I help pack it up, load it and unload it and then put it away.. I hate moving and I just wish they would settle down but they can't seem to stay anywhere for a long period of time. She was wanted to move already where she just moved in January of this year and lucky we talked her out of it..plus she couldn't find a cheap enough place. My parents and sister stayed her for over 2 months before finding the one they have now..and I am thinking it would just be best to just try to buy a place of their own instead of paying rent..my mom has paid up to $500 a month rent for some places..she wants to move because the living room is only 10x10 and the kitchen is so small there is only a 34 inch walk space in front of the stove,sink and cabinets and fridge..but it does have a dining room..and three bedrooms..and a washer/dryer area ..so that is a plus..
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
Thanks for the best response Carol, appreciate it.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I think I just hate everything about moving, the packing, the cleaning of the old home. I mean it always seems to me that you move and realise how dirty the old house is when everything has been moved from its place! Then there is the settling in of the new home, boxes everywhere and having to find new homes for it all! The only good thing about moving home is it is a real good chance to declutter!
Fortunately I have only ever moved once, and that was a piece of cake, because my step-dad, and a friend had pickup trucks. The thing that I hated most though, was packing and unpacking everything, and sending out all those change-of-address cards. LOL You never now how much stuff you have until you move, and you never know how many people you know unless you either have to change your address, or your name. LOL