Do you wear white shoes after Labor Day?

@Suzieqmom (2763)
My mother always taught me that you should never wear white shoes before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. The only exception could be Easter, if it was in mid-late April. I have noticed that many people no longer follow this rule, especially after Labor Day, when Septembers can be as hot as summer months. Is it ok to wear your white shoes before/after the summer? (I am not talking about winter white shoes; I mean true white). Does it matter if they are closed-toe & heel, or is it still a fashion taboo?
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
No, I don't. I also know this rule, and I think there is some truth to it, still, even though I know most people don't care about things like this anymore. But I only have one pair of white shoes myself, and I only wear them at the beach, strictly in summer of course. So for me, personally, it is very easy to stick to this rule!
@Suzieqmom (2763)
That's how I manage to stick to this rule, too--I only buy white sandals and so only wear them in the summer. That way, I can pretend I am still following my mother's advice--at least on this issue!
@akn1961 (1035)
we in india do not have any cultural guide line ,we are quite comfortable ,we wear whatever we like ,thanks for sharing your views.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
I wonder if it's because we have a distinct change of seasons in the northeast US?
@amybrezik (2123)
I grew up with that same belief, but I don't follow it now. I rarely wear white shoes as it is. But, if I did, I would wear white shoes if they matched my outfit, I don't personally care what time of year it is.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
This is probably a more sensible approach!
@ElicBxn (60883)
I don't wear white shoes. I would never have the shoes be white more than the first day and I DON'T polish shoes, I wear them - that's it!