Stand alone foods are cheaper than others. What do you consider stand alone

@writersedge (22579)
foods? Like an apple. You can eat that apple alone. Corn, when people give you that, you have to buy butter if you don't have it or something to put on it. I suppose I could eat corn without butter or pepper, but it wouldn't be the same. I like cucumbers with nothing on them sometimes, but I also like vinegar and/or pepper when I have them. So what foods can you eat without having to buy other stuff and under what circumstances? Like I can eat bread fresh out of the oven as a stand alone, but not after it's been around for awhile.
@ElicBxn (60894)
tomatoes, man I can eat a LOT of tomatoes - the roomie ruins them with salt... watermelon, lots of that too, cantaloupe... I'm sure I'll think of a dozen things as soon as I sent this on its way
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, those arer all good stand alones. I love watermelon and cantaloupe. We've been lucky and gotten lots of watermelon given to us this year, but no cantalope yet.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I haven't had either this year and I do like them
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
That is a great tip! I had never heard of stand alone foods before, but it does indeed make sense that they are cheaper than other foods! I will keep this in mind for sure!
@writersedge (22579)
Glad you liked it. Thanks and take care.
@hotsummer (10466)
all fruits to me are stand alone food . besides that i don't think i can't find say any stand alone food besides fruits. breads i would need some spread. then i eat rice with viand of course. besides that i don't eat any thing with out any food in partner.
@writersedge (22579)
viand, do you mean meat?
Oranges are great with nothing added. I eat apples with peanut butter but,can eat it alone. I love pears with nothing on them. I eat crabs that I get steamed with mild seasonings with no butter on it. I like eating tomatoes with salt. I eat watermelon with salt. Salt is so cheap you can say it is nothing at all to add to your food. I eat corn with no other sides to it but it has to have salt on it and butter.
@writersedge (22579)
I have salt related high blood pressure, so I can't have salt. That's why I put pepper on everything. That's cheap too and less damaging to my health. I don't mind not having some stuff with salt because my parents were the same way so we seldom have salt. I like my crabs with butter. I like my seafood with lemon juice or tartar sauce or with horseradish sauce. But fruit stands alone well for me. Apples do taste good with peanut butter, but that's more of a lunchtime thing for me. So how is the bag business going?