"Ya mom i hear you....5 more minutes ok?" (30minlater)"Almost done mom 5 more.."

Ok i admit i have this habit of staying up late nights when my mom tells me to shut down my laptop and get some sleep. All moms are same. What do you do then? I usually don't get up from comp unless i see a rolling pin in my mom's hands! What about you??? Cheers!
@Angelgirl16 (2177)
Hi raviteja_ravi84, Again, moms just want to take care of their children the best they know how. Your mom knows how important getting enough sleep is for a growing child. I know that you are older and can make your own decisions, but your health should be as important to you as it is to your mom. Well, I guess if she can't get you to take care of yourself verbally, she has to pound it into your head by coming down on you hard, with a rolling pin. Take care,
@indahfth (11173)
I also do the same thing with you, when I was in school. My mom always told me to stop watching television and then learn. But I always argue, and ask for a moment longer to watch television. Until finally my mother came in with a broom. I am now a mother. And I feel, that my mother felt. I also often do the same thing, to my child.
@ellechoi (282)
My father is the one who wake me up in the morning. I also stay up late at night , then for sure , i always say in the morning when my father wake me up jusst like you . But after 5 minute , i wake up . My father just have wake me up once in the morning :)
Oh well , I guess All moms are the same. I too have a hard time when I am doing some work on my PC and my mom is in no mood to see me awake that late. So she keep on asking me to finish it soon and sleep and trust me, i too have the same response as you mentioned. I guess its a universal response of sons to their mom. Lol, but sometimes I give some other excuses too like I am actually studying on internet about a topic thats not mentioned in my books or sometimes I tell her its really very important, something related to my career. And when it comes to studies and career I bet, no mom would stop you then. So these are some of the excuses that works for me very often. Well thanks for this discussion. Take care :)
@dccell (337)
nice way of excuses . well agree with you all all naturally have the same kind love to their sons and daughters the only things in moms mind all over the world are the health and happiness of their kids, my moms always keep on saying " Do whatever you want find what ever you wish , but stay healthy and happy because your health is my health your happiness is my happiness" to thank to my mom... thanks to my mom... thanks to my mom.. and thanks to daddy...
Yup studies and mom are so closely related maybe more than son and mom...(kidding!) I sure love it when mom says that... They remind that there are still someone who really cares for me...
@GemmaR (8526)
When I lived at home with my Mum, she used to tell me that I had to be in bed and asleep by 11.30pm. However, she went to bed at about 10.30, so she didn't ever really know what time I went to bed. Sometimes I went when I was supposed to go, and at other times I only got to bed about 2am in the morning- which made me very tired the next day, but I just enjoyed to chat to my other friends who also liked to stay up until about the same time as I did!
Chatting is fun...with friends who are at home its ok. But online...OH NO!!!
@sender621 (14956)
When we promise be only five more minutes in something, it doesn't usually end there. Five more minutes is just another way to avoid doing something else. Five more minutes becomes an hour before you know it.
Wow an hour 4 u...your more cooler than me!
This reminded me of my mom. Those were the golden days. My mom used to shout at me all the time and the next morning complained to dad that I'll spoil my health. Now I actually miss those days when my mother was there to take care of me and worry about me all the time. She still calls up to give pieces of advice about my sleeping habits but then it's not the same as it were before. Few months back when I was home, and she told me to sleep late at night...I confessed how much I missed those words from her. I'm too far now to hear those words. Lucky you!
Yes i guess i will miss them also soon....
@Sanitary (3969)
Luckily i'm a grown up now, and thus my parents don't really bother about what time i'm sleeping. As long as i'm able to wake up in time for work, they won't be nagging at me to sleep early. One thing i'm being nagged at is, i tend to delay my meal times. My mom always like food to be eaten fresh and hot, thus she will rush me to eat. More than often, i will just tell her to wait, and till 1 hour later, i have not eaten yet.. Other than that, i'm fine with her and vice versa.