There is a solar sunami in upcoming days

@1anurag1 (3580)
There is a solar sunami in upcoming days I am not sure about these things. But on different media, these kind of news we can see. I think those are the hypes only and media just wants to create ruckus only what I think. They have become the seller of sensation. I saw in 2000 they made every body scared about y2k. but nothing happened. What you say.
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
I think that this is what you may be talking about. This one was recorded in 2008 but, no doubt, the media have picked up on the word: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/061208_solar_tsunami.html The other thing that they might be referring to is a wave of particles which happens sometimes when there is unusual sunspot activity. We are usually protected by our magnetic field from such 'sun storms' but occasionally a particularly large one penetrates our atmosphere and can cause disruption to radio communication and even interfere with electricity power lines. It all goes to show that space is a very dangerous and hostile place but that we are normally protected from it by our atmosphere and magnetic field. Going outside our atmosphere, even for so little distance as to the moon is a very dangerous thing to do and most of the cost of space exploration is in protecting the fragile humans who attempt it from danger.
@1anurag1 (3580)
thanks for the response. but i think on earth this is not going to affect alot.
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
No, probably not. The media are up to all sorts of tricks to make us read their useless information!