Street dentists

dentist in streets - road side dentists in india
Friends, you heard that right, I am talking of STREET DENTISTS. They are as good as the professional dentists with a degree. They learn this tread from forefathers; it is kind of hereditary trade. People get their teeth extracted, cleaned, cavities filled and dentures fixed at much lesser cost. Reason is simple; the dentists in private hospitals and clinics charge too much, this may be 50 to 100 times higher. So these street dentists have good income. Well I never had sweet teeth, no cavities. I got one of my front lower teeth extracted by a professional dentist, who is an ex-student of mine. He did it free. But next day I visited him and gave him a pen set that has a watch in it, because normally I don’t like any sort of obligations. Do you have any tooth problem? Do you have street dentists? Where you prefer to go, to a dentist in big clinic or the one on street? Professor
@mayka123 (11098)
I have always dreaded going to a dentist. I have quite a few cavities but whenever there is severe pain I just take a pain killer and then ignore the cavity. I keep telling myself that it is time I went to a proper professional dentist for a check up but somehow end delaying it.
Hi mayka, glad to see you after long gap, are you still in Mumbai? Thank you so much for response. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@mayka123 (11098)
Hi How are you????? Yes I am very much in Mumbai
• Quezon City, Philippines
i'd never go to a "street dentist." yes it's cheap but is the service quality? it's not hygienic and you could even get an infection and your tooth problem becomes worse plus the hassle of suing the street dentist for malpractice.. i'd rather pay for a more expensive service at the public hospital..
You are right in your opinion friend.. Thanks for sharing. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
I used to have a decayed tooth which bothered me a lot for a long time. When I found I couldn't bear it any more, I decided to see a dentist. I'd never thought of seeing a street dentist who seems to me to lack professional skills and know only a little of teeth treatment. So I chose a professional dental department though they indeed charged a lot. But they had more advanced instruments and better sanitary condition.
It is always best to go to a professional if one can afford lol.. Thank you so much. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
I don't think that I would feel comfortable placing my teeth at the mercy of a street dentist. I'm not questioning their ability but this would be a personal choice of mine! I think that going to a proper dentist is beneficial in terms of hygiene and cleanliness. Anyway, I do visit my dentist on a regular basis and I'm pleased that I do as I've had some serious problems in the past and I've had quite a few fillings as well. I think that everyone is different on this subject anyhow! There will be those that don't mind visiting a street dentist but I'm definitely totally the opposite! Andrew
Hi Andrew Thank you so much for sharing information lol. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@Lakota12 (42681)
I havent seen any here and I dont have that problem havent since I was 23 got them al l pulled!
You got them all pulled at just 23, but why? Thank you so much for detailed response.. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@tigeraunt (6331)
dear professor, i would prefer a dentist with a clinic of his own. i have seen a street dentist but sorry to say i can not trust them because they are not licensed to do the practice hence it is possible that the extraction would get infected because it is not hygienic. have a nice day. ann
Hi Anny dear So your toothy avtar is gone, you look so cute in this new picture, i am sure your husband did this for you.. it is good you visit regd dentists inspite of high fees.. Thank you so much. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, Professor2010. I have never heard of street dentists. Now I have though. I could never go to one of these type of dentist. I am too worried about the hygienic purposes. I prefer to go to a clinic instead. This is more cleaner to me. I am able to lay my head back and let the dentist look at my teeth properly. Being on a street, is very uncomfortable. I would not like for others to watch me get my teeth viewed. This is not my cup of tea.
Yes cream that is one advantage in the clinic definitely.. Thank you so much for the response. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
We don't have street dentists here, but it sure would be nice if there were because it costs a lot of money to have dental work done. Now, in my city we are very lucky that there is a dental school and the students do have to work on living people during their years as a student, so that is where I've had most of my dental work done. My daughter, in fact, is going to have to get braces within the next couple of years and she will be going to the University of Kentucky School of Dentistry for that as well.
Well doran Lol i have a question, why your daughter would NEED a brace with in NEXT couple of years, does she have some problem or it is a must in your place? Street dentists may not do this job.. Thank you so much for telling me about your daughter. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
hi professor here in the US u nless you have a huge income or an expensive dental insurance its so costly to have dental work done. I have a mouthful of dental work that needs doing and I cannot afford to have it done as even with the minor help of what dental coverage I have its still too expensive. I hate this as it mars my looks and too I need these teeth fixed to eat properly. these dentists should be ashamed charging so much older people cannot afford to pay it. they will not take payments so what is one to do? Wish we did have street dentists.
Dear Hatley Most doctors are greedy, the forget what the swore, i have not seen a single doctor who will treat a patient 'free', some times i think they won't treat even the family members free!! Your state regulations is rigid, hence street dentists cant practice there.. Thank you so much. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@urbandekay (18312)
Good, dentists are greedy and overcharge all the best urban
All are not greedy my friend.. Thank you so much for response. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.
@elmiko (6640)
i wouldn't get my teeth done by a street dentist. their not certified so it brings more risks with and i'm not willing to risk my health.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion elmiko. Professor. . Cheers God bless you.