For men: are you strict with finances with your wives?

I have grown up in a family whose parents keeps on ranting about finances.., My mother is a plain housewife and my father is an overseas worker.. He never told my mother how much does he actually earned in a month and he is really strict with my mom when it comes to expenditures..,He wants my mother to list all the expenses in a logbook.., and my mother is too busy in taking care of us 7 children.., can you imagine my mother's hardship.., and if you were my mother.., will you survived? or as husbands.., is it really necessary for your wives to show you a list of the expenditures? don't you trust your wives enough?
@cajimenez (452)
This looks like a case of Domestic Violence. Pertaining to emotional and mental abuse. Your mother do not deserve to be treated that way by your father. Help her out.
Thank you.., I tried talking to both of them but it always ends up with shouting and outbursts of temper..=( My mother is trying to seek legal advice but I don't really want that this problem will reach the court.. =(
@ruperto (1552)
It seems budgeting for the family is a must specially during these days of hard economic time in Q3 2010. In general, it seems mothers will spend all that is needed. It seems too that fathers will want to spend for all that is needed. Perhaps the big issue is that a mother defined "what is needed" differently from a father. What do you think?
maybe you have a point in that.., that mother's definition of what is needed is a bit different from what the father has perceive as necessary.., and that it the main reason why marital issues with finances takes place..=)
@mobhomeir (7565)
I have no experienced about this since I was born and being raised from a poor family. But I never heard my father before asking an audited expenditures from my mother's purchases. Anyway, what's going to be audited if there's no money to be audited for.. Now that I have my own family, as a husband, I never remembered myself asking lists of expenses from my wife from the money I gave her...well, maybe there were husbands who used to be like that. Maybe he has doubt feeling of where really the money goes..or maybe some husbands caught their wives being so extravagant.. Well, all husbands has the right to know where their money goes...hope you would get me wrong... Is your husband like this my friend/ Mobhomeir here...