Do you realize how expensive the post office really is?

I went to mail out my first set of catalogs. It cost me $1.05 to mail out the thin catalog and $2 and change for the big one. I said I might as well pay for the big catalogs and just mail them out to each person on my list. It cost me $32.00 to mail the catalogs and 40.for the catalogs. I do hope this business gets going by next year. I plan to do this for a year to see how it goes. I am getting tired of making bags now. I will make them until I can get something to replace the money. To get a permit to mail them cheaper I have to pay over $200 a year. What a load of mess to deal with. I will have to look into it when I move.
The post is always getting expensive. I wish there was a place where the post office would compete with each other so the prices can stay low. If the cost keeps rising it might end up costing $1 to buy one stamp. If the cost still keeps rising then it might end up costing $100 to mail a letter less then 6 ounces. I hope the post office would at least stop raising the prices. They should keep cost down somehow. Too bad there isn't a post office that offers cheaper price.
Your right and only they can have the stamps to resell.
@cher913 (25890)
i work in an office and we often send out unusual things that are sized differently and here in canada its super expensive to mail stuff. its 57 cents just to mail a regular letter.
I think your mail costs more than mine right now.
@ench815 (465)
If you're mailing by weight, try to use thinner paper for your catalogues. Either than that, I suggest, you use the internet to post your bags. You can also try out flyers in areas where it's allowed. You can also print out pictures of your best selling bags with your contact numbers and leave it at offices and stores of your friends and acquaintances. Good luck on your business ventures. Don't lose hope. When you start selling, your zest and vigor about your bags will come back.
My catalog business is not the bag business. it is two separate things. I make my bags and put them online. The catalogs are printed by the company I work with..
@cream97 (29166)
I can imagine how expensive the post office is. Especially when you are into a business. It can be pretty much expensive. The first class stamps constantly go up in value and price every year. The post card stamps are cheaper but when they add up they are very expensive.
@lilybug (21148)
The price just keeps going up. I use flat rate boxes as much as I can because that helps when I am shipping things that are heavy, but it is still getting crazy.
@CatGods (4595)
Now you have me wondering.....what is your catalog business?