You are engaging in a very very very annoying behavior!!!!!

Australia
"You are engaging in an activity that other people might find annoying" Not the exact words but after adding many people as friends in FB in a rapid-fire manner, this prompt appeared on my screen. (I'm marketing on FB, that's why.) Stubborn as I am, I went on and on until they asked me to type "captchas". Still I went on, and finally they suspended my account for at least 24 hours. I learned my lesson there. So I slowed down the next time I logged on. Imagine this disciplinary action implemented on myLot. Imagine it going for people who make multiple discussions, or 500 discussions in a matter of 5 seconds. ...or people who keep adding friends without interacting with them? ...or people who appear to be rating a lot of people negative? ...or people who keep sending referral links? Are you for this suggestion? Or do you have a better one in mind? Do you think this is a violation to FREEDOM OF MYLOT SPEECH?
@jennyze (7049)
I am with you. ...or people who never bother to comment back on the responses in their discussions.
Ahhhh, finally. A yes!
@minx267 (9805)
• Hartford, Connecticut
My account was suspended once for the same thing. My roommate - who only has 200+ friends versus my 2100+ friends was not only suspended but then told he can no longer add more friends- at all- ever again.. they can add him but not the other way around. I am confused.. is Facebook NOT a Social Networking site? Yet they don't allow you to be social.. what's the point? So he really doesn't see the point in his FB account anymore.. it's obviously no good for networking- if he can only get 200 friends... Ridiculous!
@Iequate2 (280)
Yes, and when you do start a new account, FB fills up your page with "Add this person, Help so and so find friends." I think the secret is to add one to two friends every other day. Also FB "friend finder" will make request from your email accounts. :)
I suppose it is not the number of adding freinds it is when you just add and not interact and go on to the next person to add that they suspect it will be use for marketing of some sort.
Maybe he added them too fast. When mine was suspended, the setback was only temporary - just 24 hours. Then I got back to adding friends again. Your friend can email facebook and request his account to be revived. Better yet, he could just do what truhomebiz suggested. Easier that way. FB doesn't hinder us from socializing. Due to spamming activities done lately, they had to control some of the things we do.
@Catana (736)
The kind of "friending" you were doing on Facebook is nothing but spam. At least you admit you were marketing. But people resent being sent friend messages by people they don't know and who don't know them or care about them except as a possible customer. One of the reasons so many people make their accounts private or don't even bother with social network sites like Facebook is because they're sick and tired of phony friend requests. Frankly, I'd like to see people who use and abuse these sites for their own financial gain banned altogether. As for freedom of speech on Mylot or anywhere else -- these sites are privately owned and can set any kind of rules they want to. You have no right to free speech here unless you stay within the rules, and abuses like yours only guarantee that the rules will become stricter.
well, that's probably the reason why a lot of people discourages others from joining mylot. not only that it's frustrating for them not to curse. but they believed the rules forbids them from doing what every we want.
@burrito88 (2779)
I hate the kind of friend requests you get on mylot. "I know something but I'll only tell you if you send me a friend request." If you want to be a friend and help someone, just tell the what you know. I may be naive, but is there any advantage to having a lot of 'friends' on mylot?
@catana: Yes, I have had my share of rejection. I was not really "friending". I was "marketing" or "Networking" on FB because it is admittedly one of the many ways of luring people into availing or purchasing your product. It's not a personal account too. It's the company account so the people receiving the request know that they are prospect clients. Some accepted the request because they know they could also take advantage of the online market. The number of people who rejected were only few compared to those who accepted. Here at myLot, I am not here to market, nor to catch referrals so I don't see any reason why my friend requests should be considered phony.
@burrito88 (2779)
I didn't worry how many friends I had on FB until I started playing games. It started with Farmville, where you needed to have 'friends' to advance in the game. I knew only one other person and had to ask her to get 4 more friends. From there I gradually added more. Then I started on Mafia Wars where to do well there you eventually need 500 friends. Now I've gone to sites that help you grow your mob. I haven't het a problem where I was told I was annoying but I did hit times when I couldn't ask friends to join my mob family because I exceeded the number I could ask in one day. Another thing about adding so many friends for games is that you start losing track of some of the friends you started gaming with. Regarding free speech on mylot, try starting a discussion where you mention a person whose name is a short version of Richard. It's a name but you still get flagged.
I also got hooked on a game on FB but wasn't able to sustain. I just woke up one day and realized that I really got nothing good out of it. But for what it's worth, I did enjoy. I get flagged for saying Richard? Do you mean "rich" as the short version?
@burrito88 (2779)
No, the common name that is a short version of Richard is similar to Duck but with a different vowel. In my case, I was trying to start a discussion about a science fiction author. He made little money while alive but lter his stories were turned into movies: Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, and others. In this case the author's name was Phillip K. ####. How can I start a legitimate discussion when I can't used the person's real name?
Oh... I get what you mean. Tihihihihi!
I think that there would be a lot of people that would get upset if they were to have a message like the appear to them. I am not the person that requests a lot of people to be my friends on mylot and I am also not the person that never interacts with the friends that I have on here. In fact, there have only been a few things that I've seen happen on here that I find to be annoying behavior and it probably isn't even annoying behavior to other people.
Oh yes, annoyance is something subjective. So you're saying that we let mylot just be mylot and let facebook be facebook?
@jlamela (4909)
This is a good suggestion to mylot. Some of those annoying behavior must be stop. Right now I stopped accepting friends' request because they just add you then vanished in the long run without hearing anything from them.
They could be those beginners who don't know their way around yet, or those who only come here to earn referrals. People in here have a lot of different motives.
Hello there, For me, i used to be a "Addict Friend adder". during the early times of friendster, if you have more than 500+ friends, you're popular and well known. that's not the issue for me anymore. It's now a complete turn off for me for some one adding me with out any kind of activity like chat or update discussions or little conversations. as for mylot. i believe the only NO here is the foul languages or disobey rules.
Even from the start, I never just added anyone aimlessly. I already had this thing in mind that social sites should be limited to people you know or care about. myLot has a lot of Don'ts but there are also Do's. So let's stick with the do's and refrain from doing exactly what they put the "Don'ts" for.
@cream97 (29176)
Hi, Theresaaiza. I hope that myLot will never suspend our account for not interacting with the people that we have added as our friends. I hope that this never takes place at all. For the rest of them, then it is alright. I don't think that this is a violation to my freedom of speech at all. I am sorry about what happened to you on facebook.
Hi cream, I used to add a lot of people as friends here on myLot because of this belief that the more friends you have, the more chances of earning responders. I mean logically speaking, that is a possibility. But number of responders doesn't affect your earnings in a good way unless you comment back to their response. If I were you, interact as much as you can. Mylot does not suspend us (yet, that is) for not interacting. But there's a greater chance of myLot developing a rule against rapid-fire adding of people as friends. Until that time, enjoy your myLot while abiding by the guidelines.