How were your grandparents as compared to you...

Chile
...as a grandparent? I just answered a post a friend of mine made about grannies and I started to think about my own grannies and about myself. My grandmothers were both very old ladies. Probably my first memory of my grandmother from my mother´s side could be when she was about 50 years old or in her late 40s. You can prove the theory of relativity with your feelings toward the age if your elders at a certain time of your life. When my first granddaughter was born ( I was 46) my daughter asked me how did I want the baby to call me (thinking that I was too young to be called granny). I said grandmother (Abuela in Spanish). I was sure that I´d have to accept that she would find me ancient. My eldest grandchildren call me all abuela but all of them have told me that I am "cool" and a lot younger in spirit than their "old ladies" (my daughters) I would write that down in my diary, if I still had one. As it is I´m happy I decided to be a granny for them and be there when needed but not try to mother them. Like one of my grannies (the one that lived with us), I tell them stories. Most of them are real stories about their roots. They all still love that. My stories go back to a time not even my mother was born and there are wonders. My grandmom saw once an elf and I make sure the children know that. I make cookies with them once in a while as my mom did with my children, see movies with them and exchange opinions at their own level ( easy for me as I never grew up)just like my Dad did with my girls. My youngest granchildren have seen with me several times The legend of Zorro (both movies).How do you relate with your grandchildren? Is it in a similar way that youor grandparents did to you? Share!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I know u are a good grandmother. I love being one. Any time i get to spend w/my grandson is very special to me. I have such wonderful memories of 'my grands' i want mine to have them of me. I was calling myselg grandma to ryan when he was little but he turned that into Bobo some way or another, lol. I love the idea that he came up w/hos own name for me. I wonder if sophia made her entrance last night. Have a happy day.
Sofía does not want to come to this awful world. This evening, Claudia will go again to the hospital. The doctor is supposed to be there (we hope). It seems that giving birth was easier in my days. My doctor was a lot better: he was a friend of my father so I was family.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for the best response.
I'm not a grandparent, but both my mom and my mother in law were young grandmothers, just like you. My grandmother on my mom's side was young when I was born (40) but my dads mother was close to 60 so there was quite a contrast. My mother tried to decide what my kids should call her too (she was only 45 when my youngest was born) and they ended up calling grandma anyway!
@ktmatunog (914)
That is really a clever name. =p I am not a grandparent yet but for sure, my grandchildren will really love me! haha Well, I really love my grandmother so much (father's side; never been close to my mother's side). She is very adorable! I have known many grandmothers and she is way too different than my "mommy". I call my mother mamang and my grandmother mommy. She jokes about it to call her that so that she'll not be called an oldie! She is hip and cool! Eventhough she is a bit protective, but she does it for the best of us. Like any grannies out there, she knows how to use the computer, cellphone, even play video games with me.=p (unlike my mother,haha) and the best part is, we love staying with her! Listening to her repetitive stories, like her romantic stories with daddy! I know she loved her plants preciously. she never minds, playing with her plants outside when I was a kid. It was always vacation in her house!!! Everyday fun. I want to be just like her but even better! I miss her so much. =,(