How am I to get sleep tonight?

This girl came to fight my daughter twice. Was told she did not want to fight and still the girl came after her. My daughter bust her nose,lip and her fake nails cut the girls arm. You know they pressed charges on my daughter saying she cut the girl. Now my daughter 16 is sleeping in jail tonight. I went to the police station yesterday morning because they kept saying my daughter cut her when she did not. They would not let me file a report. ow since the girl got to the report first she is considered the victim when she came following my daughter to fight her. How am I to get to sleep tonight?
@sid556 (31006)
gifts, your daughter hangs with a bad crowd...I come to that conclusion from the many discussions i've responded to of yours. I can't believe that your daughter is 100% innocent in this without more info than you have offered up. Why did this girl show up wanting to fight and where did she show up? You say here that your daughter busted her nose and lip and fake nails and cut the girl's arm. Then you say your daughter is innocent. From what I'm reading here it sounds as if they are both guilty of pressing each other's buttons and one got the better of the other and for what reason were the fighting? being on the outside of this I would say it is hard to judge which one is guilty here. My daugher was 17 when she slept in a jail and I know how you feel. Still I think that was the first time in a long time that I felt that I could sleep knowing where she was at and knowing she was safe. All I cAn tell you, gifts is that my dughter learned from this experience. She is 24 now and expecting her first child nnd doing so much better. I hope your girl learns from her experience.
I would also think that this will be a learning experience for your daughter. I am unsure of if she is hanging out with the wrong crowd (even if she is not) perhaps after this she will decide that she wants to take up some sort of extra activities that will keep her away from people like that. Get some sleep and know that all things happen for a reason.
My daughter has messagaes on facebook showing her telling the girl she did not want to fight her. The girl kept wanting to fight her saying my daughter has a big mouth. My daughter has two witnesses telling how she did not want to fight her and was walking away. And both said how the girl swung and scratched my daughter first. Then one witness says how my daughter got her on the ground sat on her neck and it was like a magnet was attached to the girls mouth and my daughters hand. My daughter is guilty of whooping that girl's azz. But,nothing else. I hope they let me bring the facebook messages to court during the trial. I hope my daughter has heard my voice over and over in her head telling her to stay the hell out of these streets. Because I told her two days ago she is going to jail or the grave soon.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi gifts, I just re-read my comment above and it sounds really harsh. Sorry...I didn't mean it to be so. One of my girls was much like your daughter sounds to be at that age and these girls...mean girls are relentless. Once they target someone, they harrass and push. I think that you should be able to bring the facebook messages into court. If it helps prove that your daughter was trying to avoid a fight that's good. They also will prove that your daughter was not just randomly attacking this girl. Another thing...can they legally put a 16 yr old in jail and hold her? What about her schooling? I really did not think they could do that. Where I live, the cops are actually very limited in what they can say and do to a kid under 17 without the parent being there.
@syankee525 (6295)
what? that really sucks.. and if you would have called the cops they would have said sorry we cant do anything to the other girl unless she had hit your daughter first. why i tell people they will get the first hit in after that its on. good luck to your daughter, wish you guys the best. know you had a rough time and hope things get better for you two
My daughter has the girls who hand print scratched down her chest where the girl swung first at her. My daughter just whopped her to pieces so it looks bad on her. Over all I hope all ends well.
@sid556 (31006)
Are these the same girls that were threatening to kill her on facebook? If so, then you should pull out those messages for court also. Also find witnesses to testify that these girls had some sort of history between them if they are the same ones that have been harrassing her all along. This is really too bad because it sounded as if your girl was doing so much better lately.
My daugther has been doing so well. I will find out this month if section 8 approved my move. I will be getting out of this town soon. My daughter has the police tracing the ip to find whho was threatening her on facebook. One of the girls who is friends with this girl did it. But,we were good today in court my daughter told her side and so did her two friends. She proved she was attacked and was defending herself.
@turist1 (175)
• Bulgaria
I understand how much you are worried about here. But I think a night in a jail will have the desirable effect on your daughter. It's quite an eye-opener. I think there is no right way to solve this problem. I just hope your daughter trust you enough to talk with you about this matter. Trying to talk with the girls parents might not work, but try it anyway.If you have to even apologize for your daughter. Personally I admire your daughter for finding strength to fight with this girl.
My daughter is home now and feeling free. LOL She told her side and so did her friends. we will go to court in a few weeks. It will all work out fine.
Glad it is working out. I hope she will be able to stay away from "biatches" like that. I do realize though that sometimes one is forced to fight or to get their rump handed to them. Glad she could protect herself! Just keep reminding her how she felt locked up and hopefully she will want to continue that "free" feeling!
@Trace86 (5034)
That really stinks alot! It sounds incredibly unfair. Were there any witnesses who could testify on her behalf? Any threatening text messages or threats heard by others? I just don't understand what gets into young people nowadays. I had a bully after me when I was 10 or so. She kept after me relentlessly until I punched her in the stomach in art class one day when the teacher was out of the room. There was no police report or anything. I will cross my fingers for you and your daughter. I hope there is someone who saw what went on so she doesn't get in more trouble.
The witnesses will be with me today. But,they won't get to talk untill the trial date. My daughter may have to sit in jail till then. I don't have bail money to get her out.
@Trace86 (5034)
My fingers are crossed that they let her out on her own. She is a child for Heaven sake!
@cream97 (29169)
I am so sorry about this! Your daughter was just defending herself from this crazy girl! With something happening like this, it is no wonder that you can't sleep at night! I really do hope that you will be okay. For something as terrible as this to happen, it can leave any mother stressed out and worried. This girl that has attacked your daughter is very dangerous! Your daughter needs to take out an restraining order out on her! I will be so glad when you both move to New York in October! I hope that you both will be more safer living here instead! I hope that nothing else bad happens to your daughter or to you at all! Take care of yourself. I will write some more. I have to leave out right now. I will offer some more words of encouragement to you and to your daughter both!
@cream97 (29169)
I just wanted to add that I am glad that your daughter had two witnesses to help back up her story. This was not her fault! I hope that the judge can clearly see who is at fault here in this situation. It is a shame that your daughter had to spend a night in jail. What happened to this girl? Why does she want to fight your daughter anyway? I hope that you both are going to be safe.
@Thoroughrob (11756)
You need to stay strong for your daughter. I would definitely be there for her in front of the judge and let them know what is going on.
She is home now we did talk to the lawyer and so did her friends. the charges were reduced because my daughter was attacked and she had two witnesses to back up her story. It was great that they seperated them as well when they asked what happened.
Hey did anybody witness the entire incident? This is a serious matter and that culprit is so cheap and damned to report on your daughter when she is the one who attacked your daughter first! If you can bail your daughter out, do so and let that culprit come. Before that, arm your house with a video camera or cctv that will catch everything going on. When that culprit wants to report again, keep her mouth shut by showing her the footage. ~Good luck~
There are witnesses yes but they have to go to trial before they can tell there side of it.
@elmiko (6640)
i would say its hard to get sleep if any as i'm sure that would make many too jazzed especially a parent. as far as the situation goes i don't know what all went on(especially since i'm just communicating from mylot)so i won't take sides.
They released my daughter today and I will sleep better tonight.
@dark_joev (3043)
Man that really sucks. Hopefully the police get it all figured out and stuff they will get the story straight at some time it could take some time though hope you get to see your daughter and I hope that your daughter doesn't get charged but if your daughter hit her without the other person being agressive then it could be assault or something like it. But since that other girl was following her it should be easy enough as long as your daughter felt threatened and didn't start it then the other girl will get in trouble for filling a false police report and all that fun stuff. They will get it figured out our justice system for the most part will work out what really happened.
The police said my daughter beat the girl bad. The girl told them my daughter cut her so she is going down for that. There were witnesses who will be in court today as well. But,they can't talk till the trial comes up.
Your daughter is a bad @ss. Regarding your question, just relax and think of nothing but relaxing. Search for meditation guides in the internet. There are a lot of resources there that'll help you sleep through the night.
I knew I was not going to sleep good. I woke up at 4 am and now I am online typing this.
@rustyhalo (103)
wow so sad to hear that i am so sorry :( :( :(
I am too thanks
How much longer do you have before you are able to move out of there, because it sounds to me like that time can't come soon enough. It really does sound like it is rough where you are living. I really can't believe that they kept your daughter overnight despite the fact that she is a minor. I only hope that she is able to get justice when the case does go to court and I think that it is crappy that you weren't allowed to file a report as well.
@thedaddym (1737)
Hopefully in court it will all come out. Did the girl come on to your property? Who struck the first blow these things will be important if the girl came to your house looking for a fight that should go well for your daughter. Make sure you get a good lawyer. That is the best advice I can give you. She will need to prove she was acting in self defense.
@ip5217 (1656)
I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I'm positive if they'll hear your daughter's side, truth will bring her out of jail. Just pray and I'm sure you will be able to sleep.
Oh! nothing to say :P