Where do you want to be in 20 years?

@GemmaR (8526)
I know that most of us won't be thinking about 20 years in the future just yet, but I do think it's important to be at least a little bit organised! I had a huge think about my life yesterday, particularly about the finances which are going to help me to get where I want to be, and I know now what I need to do. I'm going to put everything I have into my career for 20 years, and then when I am 40, I am going to go travelling the world with the money I've saved up over those years. Then, when I come back, I am going to buy the house of my dreams, with 5 bedrooms, a swimming pool and a home gym, If you could look that far into your future, what would you like to see? -------------------------- Like my discussions? Add me as a friend to see more!
That's an awesome goal! Best wishes to you!! In 20 years I think I will have my own business, my own home and hopefully have children to raise. I also hope to travel all around the world with my business which will be related to music, art, dance and making a difference in the world. We'll see where the world takes us!
Twenty years from now I am going to be 50 years old and there are a lot of places that I would like to be in my life at that time. First of all, I would like to be totally and completely debt free, and yes, that does include the mortgage. In addition to that, I would like to be seeing my son and daughter getting through with their advanced degrees at that time. My daughter aspires to be a veterinarian and my son says that he wants to be a doctor. They are both very intelligent individuals and I do believe that it is possible for them.
Gemma hi at my age of 84 another twenty years would make me 104 and I do not know if I will live that long at all. but nice thinking about it but for me not too realistic.94 I could handle. but anyway I am still much a live and living while alive so we will see what happens.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
In 20 years I'd like to see my husband and I living in a nice house, maybe with a small farm. We'd have a dog or two, and atleast one child (hopefully). We'd be financially secure to the point that we wouldn't need to worry too much about retirement. We'd just earn day to day and save a little for a rainy day, and a little for retirement. We'd have atleast three bedrooms, and a nice living room and dining room atleast, maybe a small furnished basement.
@kun2349 (23475)
20 years is too far ahead to me!! haha =D But then again, it's not that far off, considering 10 years just whizzed passed me in a blink of an eye. I cant imagine that i'm already 10years older!! haha =D I will set myself a short term goal instead, so that i feel more motivated. The longer time i take to achieve my goal, the more likely i will be dragging because time is on my side. That's one thing i dun wana it to happen.. haha
I can not image where I will be and what I will be doing 20 years later.But if possible,I hope I could earn enough money to live in the countryside with a peaceful life. There I could grow some vegetable and flowers in my garden, breath fresh air in the morning,walk on the lane in the woods or fish at the river.
@paula27661 (15899)
Alive and well I hope! I will be quite old in 20 years and I hope that I will still be in good health, that my daughter is well and happy as well as my husband. My dream is to open a cattery and take care of people’s cats when they go on holidays and I pray that my dream will be well and truly fulfilled by then!
@sender621 (14956)
We all have hopes and dreams and goals that we want for our lives. i would sincefely hope that in twenty years time that I had bben able to achieve some of these dreams. If i fail in these accomplishments, I want to say that at least i tried.
In 20 years,I'll be around 47.by that time,I am not working already,but I'm running my own business.I have no plans of retiring,but I plan to live comfortably.I would love to live a healthy life.I probably have a house with a farm,with lots of plants and animals around.I have a swimming pool since I love lounging in the water.
I want to be able to make a good living online through all my writing that I'm doing and I want to be able to have a good steady income. I hope I'll be married and have kids by then too.
@dodo19 (32909)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Well, 20 years from now, I'm going to be 42 years old. I hope that I'm going to have children, a job, maybe a house. I hope that I can be at that point in my life 20 years from now. I hope my husband and I can share that. However, it's difficult to know exactly where I'm going to be.
@JenInTN (27565)
Hi GemmaR...I think it's great to have dreams and goals and I hope that you reach them all. I think that in 20 years I would like to see my children well established and happy with their lives. I would also want to be comfortable and in a position where I could do things that were fun for me versus working all the time. Good luck with your future.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Alive - I want to be alive to see my kids grown up, my grandkids, etc.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I would be almost 77, and I could just HOPE to be alive!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Wow..hard to imagine 20 years from now! I'm having a hard enough time imagining about 5 years in the future! LOL 20 years from now my kiddos (that we plan on having soon..) will be in high school. I will most likely be teaching again, since I plan to be a stay at home mom for most of their lives. I don't know if the future will hold what I have planned, but I'm hoping! :-)
I will be 60 years old nad hope to have some real money saved up. I want to be better off working for myself as well. I would love to have a flea market booth that has great items for sale. I would like my other online stores to really be full of great items. I am sending out catalogs and hope to get some customers from it.