Unproductive mode

Somalia
Arggghh!!! It seems like I'm in a stall again. My brains seemed to just stop, I haven't had any ideas, well I got ideas but my brains can't seem to organize them into any cohesive form to help me write about them. Even as I'm writing this my brains seems to be getting ahead of me, and when I read back what i wrote it doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe it's lack of sleep or too much sleep. Nothing, really just ranting, maybe if I get this out here I'll be able to get my creative juices working again. Arggghhhh!!!!
@narayan2006 (2955)
A peaceful and undisturbed mind generates clear and creative thoughts and ideas. We need to keep the mind and body relaxed intermittently while engaged in continuous work.A restful mind is fully aware of its full potential of creativity and organizing power.It helps smooth flow of ideas in proper sequence and rhythm. Regularity and discipline in work habits keep the mind balanced and stable.
• Somalia
Thanks, sounds like something I would read in a self-help book or article. lol anyway, I guess I'm just not like your regular kind of person who can keep regular patterns. I think I sometimes get one of those things they call mood swings. And I tend to be obsessive compulsive about stuffs as well. Sometimes I can't stop doing stuffs, sometimes I can't make myself do anything at all. like right now, but this discussion seem to be helping me now, i can feel the creative juices starting to flow. lol
I'm feeling the same as you are. My motivation comes and goes--I won't feel like doing for 25 days of a month and then have a sudden short-lived burst of creativity before I go back to normal. Dunno how you are, but it could be a matter or waiting for the next wave to hit. If you can find a less time-consuming method that works for you, please share with the rest of us! lol
If you force the mind to do something against your mood,it will certainly revolt,and restrict the flow of creative thoughts for a while till you give a pause and stay calm.I always prefer to move with the natural choice and pulse that suits the normal flow of life.Spending some period with Nature gives a brief respite from the monotony of routine life. Carry a smiling face wherever you go, you will find the whole surrounding greeting you with natural smile and love.
@fifileigh (3619)
it is a sign telling you to stop and take a break. do something different. like go out for a while and doing something outside, whether go for a walk, go to a movie, go to the mall, go to the gym, etc. or maybe just watch tv or read a book. clean house, just do something else to take you mind off what you need to do. or maybe, take a nap and relax.
• Somalia
Thanks fifileigh, I actually do those things on a regular basis. It's probably the rest from doing the work that made me loose my drive for a while. But it's all coming back to me now. hehe! The hours I spent here at mylot helped me regroup my neurons to make them productive again. lol!
@bounce58 (17524)
I get days like this! Where the brain doesn't seem to work. Not only on Friday afternoons where my mind is already off to the weekend, but also regular days where nothing sticks on my mind. And I think these kind of days are becoming frequent. I hope that some words in the responses here in your discussion help clear your mind and help you be more creative.
• Somalia
lol Hi bounce, It did help venting out here, and then answering discussions. By the way, you need to find some other things to do to stop your mind completely shutting off things, lol! That can't be good. Anyway, it's monday so I hope it's not worse today. Have a nice day!
I remember in school being told that if you can't think of what you're looking for, like an answer or a particular word, stop trying to bring it to your memory and it will come. Maybe that's what you need to do, stop thinking about it and something will come.
• Somalia
Yes, thank you precious, that's exactly what I did so I started answering discussions and reading discussions here at mylot. I guess I'm kinda back right now because I have just finished writing a new article and working on another.
I get into these modes as well. Sometimes I just take a short half hour power nap with some nice music playing. It helps me clear my head. I also used to go for a drive, that would help, now I can ride my Motorcycle and have discovered that is amazing for getting my thoughts in order. This is probably because there's no radio to distract me. Just the roar of the engine. It might be worth finding some activity that focuses your brain on something, and then the other stuff might fall into place....
• Somalia
hi hckylvr88, I like riding motorcycles too, i'm scared to drive one though. lol! I'd usually ride with one of my brothers, I like the feel of the wind blowing through my hair.. Anyway, thanks for your response and have a nice day.
Oh my God. brain stop? You should have new insights and new inspiration for you to be enlightened.
• Somalia
lol!! thanks, you're right. I do have insights and lots of ideas but for now my brains seemed to have stopped helping me to put them in concrete form. So i'm trying to defreeze here in mylot for now. Thanks for your response.