Can you afford Christmas this year?

I can't. I have been out of my "job" for 5 months. I recently started a business (www.sweetdesigninc.com) that is still in the red (not even made my first sale yet). I am taking tax preperation classes and hopefully will have a "job" for four months next year but it doesn't begin till Jan 1. I have a 16 year old daughter who needs clothes badly. We need grocery money, gas money, utility money and now for the past month they have been drastically cutting my child support money (taking it for fees for using thier services to collect money from ex). So things are tight to say the least. Anybody else out there hurting for finances for Christmas?
@EagleEyes (646)
I have no idea how we are going to afford Christmas this year either. We always have bills to pay, and most of the money goes there. There isn't any extra money at all. I was thinking of working nights, but I will not get much sleep at all then, and I have 4 kids to care for everyday. I really wish there were Money Trees LOL
I hear ya. Things are rough all over. Gas prices have jumped here AGAIN. Now it is $2.17/gallon where it had been pretty steady at $2.11/gallon. There is no spare money and a money tree would be a piece of heaven.
@april444 (1341)
yep we are hurting too so im not paying my credit cards and that will give me 400 a month so i can afford it. pretty sad but hey it will be written off your credit in 7 yrs.
@srhelmer (6930)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
It's definitely going to be tight for us this year. We just bought out house and are trying to work the extra money in our monthly budget.