The sad thing about showbiz!

That's just it! Show business really takes the good sense out of real intelligent people. First it was Kris Aquino falling in love with a Philip Salvador, then there's a valedictorian (?) called Pia Guanio hoping an oldee like Vic Sotto would marry her! And now, a supposedly smart Mariel Rodriguez had found herself in a whirlwind romance with an ex-con called Robin Padilla and actually married him in a tribal rite in the up North! What is with these old men that young women had found them attractive? Hmpf!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I bet those marriages will last about as long as a wet paper sack. What a bunch of dummies.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I don't like or want that kind of drama in my life, never did.
@juryse (753)
Kris is old news. I don't like watching her shows anymore because she's overacting most of the time. As for the other two women, they're just moving in a small circle and thinks there's a shortage of men.
hello eileen, not even worth my time, i just read discussions here and there when it comes to that. but watching it in the news ain't worth my time. this is just private matters that networks want to sensationalize. i just don't get it how a person like Pia Guanio gives up a seven YEAR relationship for guy like Marivic Sotto (real name). as for Mariel, that's her choice, but i doubt they will last. when it comes to wedding now a days, seems every one has it's own way besides church.
Yeah, its true. It seems that intelligent people are stupid when it comes to love..
@chiyosan (29388)
oh geesh.. yeah it is surprising. i guess when you really sweep off a woman's heart then no matter how intelligent theey are, they are almost alwasy going to lose their minds and follow their hearts instead.
@ybong007 (6659)
Showbiz is not to be blamed. In my own observation, people who are intelligent tend to make poor judgment in love. Besides, i can't blame these women. What they did, they did it in the name of love. As the say, all's fair in love and war. lets also accept the fact that the guys these girls fall in love with look better than the ordinary. I've seen Vic Sotto in person and just like what the celebrities consider an annoying comment "he look better in person", for me it's way, way better in person. I heard from my sister that her colleague even collapsed when she saw Robin Padilla in person, well, this happened when Robin was still the bad boy in showbiz. So in fairness to the men, they're also quite a catch.
@TheAdvocate (2395)
That does not happen only in showbiz. I have friends who like older men. I read an article once that women who have daddy issues will look for a substitute father in their life partners. I don't see an issue with young women falling in love with an older man. Love knows no age. The bigger issue for me is marital status and love history. Take the case of Pia - sure Vic is single as his marriage was annulled. But he is a player and Pia knows that. I do not believe that old dogs can learn new tricks. Robin Padilla has a well-known penchant for being a Lothario. I remember him admitting that he was about to marry Vina when Liezl got pregnant. Duh, did she do it all by herself?! As to your question, I think the reason why women find them attractive is that they are at the same intelligence level . Men really mature later than women.
@elleb0418 (1107)
Well that's showbiz life,the more the people heard news about you,then you are a known actors and actresses.They also made their life like the movie they are into.Those romance will not last.And we know it.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya eileen, There are older men that can still be "attractive" to other Women. I don´t know I have not got anything against their age either. I suppose it depends on who they attract to them. Would it be someone who is really going to love them for what they are or for something else or both which is´nt such a bad thing really. There have been two cases I can think of where much younger women have married older men but these older men to me well let´s just say I would not have married them because of their personality. It is well known what kind of personality the two of them have got so that´s what I mean to say. They are pretty stingy characters and mean tempered to say the least. So I guess it must be love or whatever. They are all still together anyway. Takes all sorts to make a World. If I met an older man and I was free and he was nice the handsome bit does not bother me I would not marry him but I would go out with him a long term friendship I would call it. (grin).
@jonnifc (1021)
Well, you know what they say, people who are intelligent are stupid when it comes to love. Look at what the women you've mentioned have gotten themselves into. I think age is not really important. But some women are attracted to older men because they feel that these men are mature and experience in life and that they are capable of providing and caring for the women. But the more important question is, why do smart women get involved with men whose characters are questionable? Opposites attract? Or just plain stupid? LOL!
Money has a lot to do with it. Any old man if looked at through a handful of dollar bills will be attractive to some. Look at the host of beautiful young Filipinos marrying ugly fat old men just because they are foreigners and have money. I guess they only have to put up with it for a few years and then it will all be theirs. You see them here in Australia with young wives from all over Asia who leave them as soon as they get their citizenship for someone more their own age. Just a ticket out of relative poverty to a 1st world lifestyle. I guess you can't blame them for that and have to congratulate them on ingenuity.
THAT IS JUST SICK. but it's true NICK. i guess i should remind myself not to come into defense if there's another gruntless discrimination against filipina being accused of gold diggers. it's sad even to my mylotter friends who chat with foreigners, they immediately say "they have no moneY" made her really sad.
I don't think intelligence has got anything to do with it. At least, not the intelligence we commonly understand it to be. I think it is more on what motivates them to fall for such men...popularity? money? pride (as in 'See! I got him!)?, ambition? or simply insecurities? You have these things or motivations and cover it up with love. Ugh! It is to justify the relationship.
@Sidoghosh (174)
Security , wealth and being associated to a famous guy keeps em in the limelight for a longer period of time ,those are the three reasons in my humble opinion.
@kath83 (82)
I believe that younger female celebrities are falling in-love with older male celebrities (even non-celebs) maybe because they want exposures and would like to ride-on with the popularity of their older celebrity partner. Like the female noontime show host, in my observation she is just using his bf's connection in order to stay in the industry. I remembered when I first saw her in that noontime show her hosting skills sucks. Who knows maybe it's just because of true love.