M E D I C I N E S - a must for many....

@busybee10 (3191)
Life has become dependent on medicines for many. And, the so called Doctors are minting money prescribing medicines which are expensive that a common man cannot spend. How are you managing your health in these typical days. Share your valuable and helpful thoughts which act as motivation to the members here on my lot....
@Margajoe (4720)
I am off the medicine, since a little over a year. I had pain killers for my back. And because of my Hernia (I have been operated on this) coming back, they put me on anti depressions. I could hardly walk for 2 years I could hardly do anything. Pain all the time. Nothing helped not even therapy. No medicine helped either. Then I started Yoga. Just took my DVD from the shelf, cause I had the Yoga training CD en DVD but never bothered to use it. I saw the back training, very easy to do. I did it, and after a month I was feeling the results. The pains in my legs were getting less. Then in about 3 months time, (Also I had stopped the anti depressives because they made me so fat.After gaining 20 kilo's you get depressed!!) I realized the pains in my legs were as good as gone. I can walk long walks again. Sure I feel the lower back every now and then, but its under control. As long as the legs don't hurt I feel like I could do anything. I even have a job again since June! They told me 2 years back I would never work again. hahaha! So you see, no more medicine. Yoga is my medicine now. I exercise when I can, and if I feel I need to, I do it everyday. A simple training exercise just for the back. It is easy and feels great. Even my mood swings are gone. And since a year I have not seen my doctor!
@busybee10 (3191)
Nice to go through your response - felt very happy after knowing that you are practicing YOGA. Yoga has the real strength and hence decades back Yogis practiced Yoga and lead a peaceful,healthy and spiritual life. It is now that people are slowly following - any how it needs lot of dedication and will to go into it and practice regularly in this busy life pattern. Read some books on Yoga by ..Sri Swami Sivananda..they are very easy to follow and also to understand. I can challenge that even your child who is in the middle class can read and understand the theory mentioned by this great saint. In case of any doubts for the books please PM me I can help you out for the address and if really interested can also guide you. The famous saying of this great saint goes like this. SERVE LOVE GIVE PURIFY MEDITATE REALIZE .. SWAMI SIVANANDA
@Margajoe (4720)
Thank-you for your advice. I will take a look at that. I think I can find it in the internet. I made a note of the name. Swami Sivananda. Thank-you very much.
@busybee10 (3191)
I added you as my friend : PM me for any guidance..
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Busybee, For me, I depend on medicines and have a handful of those on a daily basis, thanks to my illness. When I was undergoing treatments in my State, There were so many issues - first the doctors took long 5 years to diagnose what I was suffering from. Then, the expenses that started occurring were higher. When I was at Hyderabad, a friend of mine took to me some Medical Institute there and I have been treated by them ever since. Though the expenses incurred on tests and examinations have decreased, the expenses on the medicines continue. I think that the Medical Institutes are better to visit as they are dedicated to something specific (many a times) and the services are somewhat cheaper given the fact that they specialize in only a specific branch of medicine. Also the people there are more interested to help you getting cured - maybe because they want to stand out as an example for their College/Institute.
@formidexo (1351)
I got very sick a few years ago and the meds did not work or help. I think they made things worse. Anyway, when the doctors said there was nothing more they could do and just told me to keep taking the meds that weren't helping, I started looking for other solutions. I started working on prevention: best nutrition, drinking only water, exercise, etc. I'm not out of the woods yet but haven't taken any meds for almost five years. Let's see what happens!