Friend was ignored on his birthday!

I work with a really nice guy named Al. He is also one of the supervisors. Yesterday was his 47th birthday. At work he got some hugs and birthday wishes. He goes home and gets nothing! Nothing from his wife or his 3 kids! Not a "Happy Birthday" wish or any special treatment! Not a thing! So Al is not happy with his family! I would not be either! No one should be ignored or forgotten on their birthday!
@KrauseHome (35340)
Wow!! Not a HAPPY BIRTHDAY or anything... This is not right. Unless they have planned a Surprise party for him, how can you forget someone's birthday like this and not recognize it? I know I would be mad and disappointed if it was me as well.
If this was me I would be extremely pissed! Some of my family doesn forget me on my birthday but I am used to it. At least at work I get a card and cake from my friends I work with! My friend paints a very uncaring wife and that they probaly will end up divoring when the youngest is through school! He doesn't want to but the way it sounds there is no love in the marriage! Very sad!
@jugsjugs (13045)
I think that it is soo sad that noone even said happy birthday,no gift, no nothing from his wife or his children.If that had happened to me,i would have felt so unwanted and very unloved from my family.He should not bother with anything for them,when it is their birthdays.
I hope he does ignore his family when they have their birthdays! This has happen before but at least one of his kids would kknow it was his birthday and wish him a Happy Birthday! The more he talks about his wife the more it sounds like she is uncaring and would rather be divorced from him! He even paints a picture that they are only staying together until the kids are through school! We will see if that is true or not in the future!
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really is sad that he got this sort of response on his birthday. I really don't think that anyone should get this sort of treatment on their birthday, especially from their family. I don't really understand how his family could have forgotten his birthday like that.
I know his daughter is in college and I could see her forgetting but the two boys are at home yet! I don't understand that! With the wife well she is looking more like an uncaring woman more and more every year! I don't get it and I can't understand why they stay married unless it has to to do with the kids! It is a sad sitaution!
No they should not, and would you kindly tell that to my husband who has not bought me a gift for my birthday for..well, I don't know how many years. I guess I have gotten used to it but the first time my husband 'forgot' I was so hurt that I cried, I was heart broken, I truly was. For some reason I pretended it was okay. I bet if I'd have kicked up a fuss it may have made him remember better in future!
It is so sad and this seems to get worse every year for my friend! Luckily my friends at work don't forget me! They know I don't live knew any of my family! So they ususaly get a card and make me a cake! I appreciate because some of my family likes to forget!