I found a way to save money on my next textbook.

I am renting my next textbook instead of buying it. If I bought it from my college bookstore it is almost one hundred dollars. I found a site online where I can rent the textbook for 125 days then return it. It is only 30 dollars for the book this way. The company even pays for shipping to return the book. It is not a book that I am going to use often in the future so to me this seemed to be the best deal. It is much easier to come up with thirty dollars instead of one hundred dollars. Has anyone ever rented textbooks before? I think that it is new.
It's pretty old now. Did you rent on Chegg? I think that is the one well known to college students. I have rented from them and they gave me freebies and I think shipping was free I can't remember. I paid really cheap considering I am only going to use the books for one semester. But you can also extend the rent if you want. Renting is cheaper depending on your usage.
I rented from bookrenters.com. I looked at Chegg first but didn't like the fact that they store your credit or debit card on file and can add charges to it anytime they want to. Bookrenters doesn't do that so I felt safer with them.
I only used it once so I really don't know much. I didn't rent this year.
@p3ks626 (6552)
Good idea! When I was still studying, I borrowed some of my friends' books and photocopy it. I also bought second hand books cause they were way cheaper than the newer books.
Linda this is fantastic news as I have spent thousands on college books my self. So perhaps informing more people will get the word out. As realistically after you purchase a $100 book, then you try to re sell it, you will not get more than $10 for the book.
The college bookstore ALWAYS increases the prices of textbooks really high because they know students have to buy them either way and it is more convenient for them to buy at the school. I never buy my textbooks from school! You should try buying the book on Ebay, Amazon, Half.com. or even Craigslist. I buy my books through Craigslist and I negotiate with the seller.. and after I finish using the book, I generally can resale the book for more than I bought the book for! Give it a try! :) I thought of renting but in the end I am not getting anything from it except wasting $30. Also, Think about.. what IF you loose the book? The book got stolen? Damaged? Then you will be paying for the book + the fee that cost you to rent the book. In the end it is not worth it, from my point of view. I hope I helped you somewhat :) I am a broke full-time college student so I have to spend my money wisely.