What's your view on an open relationship?

It's a very interesting topic, I would like to know what you think of an open relationship. Do you have one with your partner?, could you have have an open relationship?. Why do people have them?.
@JenInTN (27565)
An open relationship is not one that I would want to have. It's just not my thing and I wouldn't enjoy it. I think that some people are looking for escitement or some kind of satisfaction when they agree to these relationships. I don't really understand them either.
I agree with you, I doubt I could be in a relationship like that. I'm sure there would be a lot of trust issues.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do understand that couples feel more comfortable in an open relationship. It seems to work out well for these couples, which is great if it does. However, I do have to honestly say that I prefer not being in an open relationship. I prefer having that full commitment from my husband and know that he's not with anyone else. I don't think that being in an open relationship is for me.
I think if I was in an open relationship I would not want it to just be a free for all and she was going off with blokes regularly.
It really depends on how OPEN the relationship as long as you have understanding and limits of the relationship. I guess this kind of relationship is like a no relationship at all.
Yeah I agree, The problems start when they are not on the same page.
I can not speak for other people, but there is no way I would ever want to be in an open relationship. I have no interest in sharing my partner with other people, or being with other people when I am so in love with my partner. If others want to do it it is their business, but it's not something I'd ever want to do.
I think it would be strange to start a relationship with "we love each other but are allowed to see other people as long as we tell each other". I just don't know how people start talking about that.