Is There An 1 Exercise You Really Don't Consider Exercise Because of its Fun?

@elmiko (6640)
When the suggestion of exercise is brought up some might have a dreadful feeling when it comes to it. Maybe because they make it too hard on themselves,they don't like to sweat,they make stick to the same routine which ends up becoming boring, or they might just be plain lazy which I assume means not wanting to sweat as well. However there is one exercise I don't consider exercise and that one is basketball. Its always fun and never gets old just as long as I don't do it to the extreme.
@starrm (124)
I forget that I'm exercising when I'm playing sports like football, flag or tackle, basketball, volleyball, tennis, baseball or any other sporting activity. Also, if I'm doing labor or housework, I just consider that "labor" and remind myself that at least I'm getting exercise to make me feel better about it!
@elmiko (6640)
yeah its not exercise its fun if the fun perception is overpowering the exercise perception.
I consider swimming and dancing not an exercise for me.they are a great way to lose weight without even noticing that you are losing weight.I would love to swim all day and lounge in the pool.I can dance for hours without getting tired.exercise should be fun;otherwise it will become a chore.I am also learning how to do the hula hoop.swimming,dancing,and hula hooping teaches me coordination and patience,while getting that sexy body.
@elmiko (6640)
you have no problem finding exercises that are enjoyable.
• Quezon City, Philippines
how about cleaning the house or doing other heavy-duty household chores? not totally fun, except if you really like a clean and organized home. gives you a sweat at the same time, heehee..
@elmiko (6640)
yeah that alone can still count as exercise.
@savypat (20246)
I think dancing is fun and it's a great exercise. I don't mean the slow kind, I mean the Samba, Tango, Mombo, Square and line dancing. Tap ain't bad and even the waltz will do it.
@elmiko (6640)
thats nice
@ekt1609 (34)
This is the best thing about being a dog owner. I get great enjoyment from talking her for walks, runs and the best taking her for a swim at the beach. I find that my daily hour walk with her and a few hours down the beach on the weekend is all I need to maintain my weight and its great fun for both of us.
@elmiko (6640)
i'm sure it motivates you more since you have a pet to do it with.
hi elmiko I used to love to walk as there w ere so many really pretty yards and houses in the city where I lived but then I injured myleft foot badly, and now it is a chore to walk very far. I miss that as a brisk walk just does me so much good. You feel more relaxed and sleep better and your body will look better even. wish I could do it again.
@elmiko (6640)
hopefully you will one day.
• Poland
In the summer I like to play throw and catch with a frisbee with friends. You move around, jump, stretch, and throw, so it is good exercise, but it is so much fun you really don't realise it is exercise until you stop, then you suddenly feel tired!
@elmiko (6640)
yeah that type of lifestyle activity is easy to continue. its kinda like work. if its considered fun then its not work so one doesn't mind doing it but instead looks forward to work.
@AutumnGold (1062)
Hello Elmiko. I love to walk, I'll walk anywhere and it's never a problem for me. I love to get out at weekends and walk in the countryside, it's good exercise and it's a great way to get to do my other hobby, photography. I don't consider walking to be a chore at all because it's so enjoyable but I do feel the benefits after a good long walk.
@elmiko (6640)
it sounds nice by the surroundings your describing while walking.
@cher913 (25890)
i like to swim and walk so that is exercise for me. i also run up and down the stairs at our house (we live in a 5 level town house.
@elmiko (6640)
that's a good way to use what you got around you.