How old were you when you got married?

Love - Love.. couple kissing under the red umbrella.
I am not married or engaged yet but I am in a committed relationship of over 3 & half years.. He is probably the "one" but .. I do not plan on getting married until I finish college and settling down... probably when I'm 25 years old.. How about you? When did you get married at? Any children?
I was 18 when I first got married, 21 when I had my first child. Divorced when I was 27 with 2 children. I strongly recommend you wait. If I had it all to do over again, I would like to say I would do things differently but I do love my 2boys more than life itself. Divorce can destroy a persons life. So be sure what you have is what you want forever. Someone you will still love when they are all wrinkled and grey and no longer have the spunk they use to have. GOOD LUCK !!
Thanks for sharing. I am sorry about your divorce, did you ever remarry? I am not going to rush into marriage because it is a big deal for me, I am going to take my time and the one who I marry, I want them to grow old with me despite all the ups and downs.
No I did not get remarried. Too scary, I am engaged to, to a man who I have been with for 3 years but really afraid to take that step again it was so tragic in my life the first time. We are happy we live together and we have both been divorced so the marriage thing is really scarry for both of us. We were actually high school sweethearts and reunited after he moved back to this area after his divorce of an 18 year marriage.
I see, thanks for sharing again! There is no rush to get married, you can get married anytime :) How cute, high school sweethearts. Maybe it was meant to be since highschool just didn't know that til' now :) Hope all works out!!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I got married when I was 22, my husband 24. Our anniversary is this Sunday. I think the best thing for anyone to do is first finish college, and get things in order, save, and things will go a lot smoother. My husband and I are very happy, but we are also still living with his parents. We need money to move out, and I need a job but we don't really have either. We can pay our bills, but that's about it. We're doing better at saving. So do finish college, and start to save as much as you can before you get married. Keep the wedding small, we did, only $1500 in total spent.
Thanks for sharing :) Happy early Anniversary to you too! I have another two years of college and I am currently starting to save money, trying to find a part-time job plus keep up with full-time college. I am probably going to have a small wedding but not yet, next few years hopefully. Good luck with saving money and hopefully you guys can move out when the time comes!
@anthonydt (146)
I am not married yet either however I would like to be married when the time is right, before I am thirty that is :)
Thanks for sharing! Hope you will find the perfect time :)
@janlyn (25)
We were both 26 when we got married, already have our Engineering licenses and were both working. More than 2 years after, we had our baby girl who's turning 8 months this October 1st!..
Thanks for sharing! Happy early 8 months to your daughter :)
@dodo19 (26672)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I got married last october. At that time, I was 21. And my husband was 24. Now, I'm 22 and he's 25. We were both students. Since then, he has graduated and I have a year left. It was a stressful period, but we got through it and we absolutely do not regret doing it then for a minute.
Thanks for sharing :) I am like in the same boat as you but not married yet!
@armie23 (146)
I got married at 27 years old. We're steady for 3 years to be exact because our wedding day was our 3rd anniversary then. I gave birth at 30yrs old. It was a plan that's why it takes 3 years to have a baby. We would still like to enjoy together as being husband and wife. At present, we would like another baby hopefully this year. Don't take yourself in a rush in getting married because you're worrying about your age. It is much better to choose the best man for you.
Thanks for sharing :) I'm not worried about age much.. I just want to be married by 25 before 30.. I want to have a child before 30.
I got married at the age of 24 years old. I got married when we both have jobs .Its better to get married when both of you are ready & have income.You can plan for your wedding and your future family. I do have 3 children now and they almost finished schooling. At this marrying age my children are just like my sisters.
Thanks for sharing! I do agree with you, steady income, financially stable for kids, etc. :)
• Jamaica
My sister got married last month, she's 38. We were all surprised when she made the announcement, she had all but given up on love until she met Gordon while on vacation last year. I guess age doesn't matter, it's really up to when you meet your special one.
Thanks for sharing. Yup, age does not matter.. :) Glad, to see your sister found love again! Congrats to her!
I'm 23, I got married when I was 21. I don't have any children, nor will I.
Thanks for sharing! No kids? I want at least one, max two :)
Kids aren't for me. I've never wanted them and I won't have them.
@jltrent (38)
My husband and I knew each other only 3 months before we gotta married. He was stationed in Kings Bay GA. He was and still is a Marine. We found out I was preggo with our first son only 4 months into our marriage. We have been married now for 10 years almost and three boys Casey, Scottie and Cody. It's been a hard road but I wouldn't change anything about he is my soulmate and I love him more then anything in the world I am truly blessed to have meet him and have him in my life.
Thanks for sharing! Even though I am way late in responding. That was quite fast but glad everything worked out :) Some people just know they are in love and will be in love forever in a day! It's possible but everyone's love story varies :)
@cream97 (29175)
Hi. infatuatedbby. I got married when I was 22 years old. I had my son when I was 23 years old. I am still married to the same man as of right now at this moment. I am glad that I got married. I don't have the time anymore, to chase down men that can be so unpredictable at times.
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you are satisfied with the man you're married too :) I am satisfied with my boyfriend just not ready to be married just yet.
@harry89 (2332)
i m not married yet but plan to get, at 25-26
Thanks for sharing. I want to get married around that age as well!
@ellyse2003 (1465)
I got married when I was 19 years old. I am now 22 and we have a child now, a 3 year old boy. You're right, you have to finish college first before you decide on anything, I'm currently studying, I hope I get my college diploma soon.
Thanks for sharing! :) Good luck with getting your college diploma!!
@EdnaReyes (2628)
I got married when I was twenty-six, working and have my own career. Matured and wanting a life of my own to share with somebody I love. I guess my timing is right, our daughter is now out in college and my partner and I are enjoying our prime years right now!
Thanks for sharing! Glad everything worked out :) Enjoy life!!
@leo2050 (349)
i am only 19 at present and i have no plans for marraige till the age of 28 years. I wan to see my career first, then go for marraige.
Thanks for sharing! And, good point :) I am on the same path as you.. I'm just a year older.
I think 28 years old because as of now i want to enjoy my life first and to finish my studies,because i want to be a professional someday, so that when I became a parent i can support the financial needs of my children.
Thanks for sharing. I agree too! I want to be financially stable before being married and having a kid.
@kjones505 (273)
I got married when I was 21. My wife was 19 at that the time.
Thanks for sharing & welcome to myLot! :)
@anurag3786 (6275)
I am 25 years old men. And I am not yet married. Because I have no any jobs. So until I get any job then I don’t get married. Because if I have a good jobs then I can fulfill all requirement of my partner. So now I am trying to get a good job. And I am waiting for that day when I get good jobs. So after getting job I can marry. But in present there is no chance of marry.
Thanks for sharing with me. Good luck job hunting.. I hope you find a job soon and meet your perfect partner :)