Wacko parents!

I've posted several discussions about the troubles I've had with my daughters now ex-friend. Today I'm going into the school counselor to discuss what's been going on. I did a bullying checklist online and it appears to me that my daughter is being isolated and bullied by this girl because she chooses not to talk to her anymore. There have been so many things. Now the mother is involved and attacking me saying "I don't like what you're saying about my daughter" Well, everything I told the counselor yesterday was plain truths. We have several kids that have witnessed this kid attacking and threatening my daughter. SHe's a mess and her mother is worse..What are your encounters with nutty parents?
So far for me, no encounters with nutty parents aside from a couple of people that used to be involved in the playgroup that our family is a part of. However, the fact that you realize that this girl's mother is nutty goes a long way toward explaining why the child is nutty as well. Children learn a lot of their mannerisms from their parents and because of the fact that her mother isn't really a nice person explains why her daughter is the same way.
And get this: the daughter got in school suspension for making false accusations against my daughter and the mother is still in denial about it all...She seems to think that her daughter is never wrong..that is what scares me the most!
@gdesjardin (1938)
Some of these kids can really be wacky, usually because they mimic their wacky parents! In your situation it sounds to be true. The mother obviously must have been quite the trouble maker when she was in school as well. I would definitely start documenting everything that she is doing as far as harassing you in the event that you have to get the police involved. Especially if she is emailing you or calling you. Obviously she can't be too bright to leave a paper trail!! It is ashame that your poor daughter has to put up with this in school. At least the school is helping you out and doing something about it. Keep us posted on this situation...I hope it all gets straighten out quickly for you and your daughter.
A lot of the time the child is a bully because they see the parent bullying someone at home. This mother might be one to hold off and swing on you. I would watch out for that as well. f the child is a bully your doing the right thing bringing it out in the open. But,when you leave school your child will stay beihind. You could make it even worse for her. I know it is hard to win when a child is bullied by others. I am the worng one to give advice. When my daughter was bullied in school. I sent her to school to fight them and fight them hard. My daughter can fight like a man. She is in trouble right now because of beating this girl so bad they thought she had a knife. But,over all I would rather my daughter whoop that azz and set things right then walk in fear all school year long. The bullying stopped after my daughter tore into them like wild fire. talk to the teacher or principal and go from there.
I just got the callback from the counselor-they busted her in her lies..and she advised me to take legal action against the mother who is harrassing me by email and phone. My daughter is shy and small..and softspoken..but NOT me. LOL I'm loud and aggressive and I may be small but I don't take her crap..she's calling me telling me how rotten my daughter is and how she did this and that and the counselor caught her..so this morning I went straight to the horses mouth. I met with the counselor and got the facts...all this started over something stupid..staring. And the mother of this kid is the one who's blowing it up and trying to cause drama and fighting..shame on this woman. ARGH
Hello RachelleNH :-) I have seen a lot of children in packed schools being bullied for amping a reputation so they are not bullied in return. speaking to a child's parent can result in an altercation depending on the demeanor of the parent. Body language is key and usually a tone of any word in your sentence or a sentence in an opinion or statement, can cause a defense mechanism to react within the other parent. Usually the bullying occurs in elementary school. I truly hope that this matter was resolved in a positive way with both children feeling good and hopefully friends. I wish I could have helped you when you needed advise.