Ratings beside your username, do you get anything from it?

I am still relatively new to myLot. My rating has increased from nothing, 3, 4 and now I checked it is at 7.. I know the max is 10 and your ratings could you up and down but I was wondering if the more ratings you have does that improve your earnings or anything?
@xenobane (205)
The rating won't affect your earning in any way. It is just to show how popular your posts are, nothing more. If you got more positive feedback, your score will increase, if you got negative ones, or the post got deleted, your score will be lowered. It would be unfair to pay more to the popular posters, as all users have equal right to have their opinions heard. Even you are not highly rated, doesn't mean your points are not valid.
Thanks for the information :) I was just curious because in other sites if you are a certain level, you get more incentives and what not.
But isn't the point that your rating shouldl in some way reflect the quality of your posts and thus would be a good metric on which to base your payment. Please note, I don't know anything here, I'm just speculating.
Not quite sure... I thought ratings should at least be beneficial to something but I guess not...
@owlwings (38169)
• Cambridge, England
Some people are of the opinion that your rating (that is, your MyLot reputation number) has a bearing on your earnings. MyLot are very careful not to reveal the earnings algorithm in any detail and, indeed, we are not allowed to speculate or to "post anything that inaccurately explains" it. Speculation apart, however, we are told that the "discussion rating system is factored in" to what we earn - see: http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx#1 . We are also told that our "star rating depends entirely upon the MyLot users" - see: http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq11.aspx#4 . It follows, therefore, that how other users rate your contributions DOES affect how much you earn for those contributions and ALSO affects your 'star' rating. The FAQs go on to say: "What's the best way to get positive ratings for my actions? Post quality topics, responses and comments! Some pointers include: When giving advice or answering questions, research your conclusions and provide links to authoritative guidance. Convey original ideas or thoughts. Don't repeat what somebody else has already said. Be considerate of other users in a discussion." ( http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx#6 ) Enjoying MyLot is all about 'playing the game'. Like any game, MyLot has rules which you should know well enough to be able to participate without thinking about whether something is against the rules or not - you should just know. Most long-standing members here do not worry too much about their 'star' rating, either (or their earnings). My star was a '9' for a long time but recently went to an '8'. I have enough posts and quite enough Best Responses, however, to be certain that enough people appreciate my contributions to make it worth my while.
@sjvg1976 (14590)
I had a 10 rating and a blue star against my user name.
where is it? virtually?
@sjvg1976 (14590)
@infatuatedbby it was around 6 years back
@sjvg1976 oh? they didnt have stars then though?
@nicregi (1936)
I haven see any improvement for the star but it does help in making you recognize as being a contributor to myLot community!
Thanks for sharing. I saw you posted on someone else's telling them to know how many rates you gotten, you hoover over the star! Thanks, I did not know that :)
@nicregi (1936)
No worries. I found that by accident! Lol! You are most welcome. Anything to help :)
You're very kind, thanks! :)
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
What rating. I never noticed we had one!
Long time ago! I don't remember but this was from 2010 discussion lol
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
@infatuatedbby l thought I had made a lot of posts!
@JustBhem (22477)
• Davao, Philippines
Hmm. This makes me think. I mean, where can I see that? I really don't have idea.
Oh I think this was old back in the day. :)
@JustBhem (22477)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby Oh, I see. Thanks.
@JustBhem Yep @HAPPSINGH was digging my past discussions lol!