Do you have a diary?

I don't like them at all. I just like the pretty paper that comes in many of them. I don't trust writing in them and it not being read. I had read my daughters once or twice in the past. She found out and was mad. But,I was seeing changes in her and was worried about her life. So,since she would not talk to me about it I felt i had to do the next best thing. It was fine being it was the normal grwoing pains she was going through. I will not read her diary now if I found it though.
No I don't have a diary and I never did. First reason is I am too lazy to write things on paper and I really don't like my handwriting. And if I ever had one, I will constantly worry that someone will find it and read its contents.
@kb5000 (110)
i dont like my handwriting too. for college i also have to type my notes because i cant read them to study from. i write from time to time about my life goals, any immediate plans, etc. so i consider that to be my diary.
I swear I have the worst hand writing in the world. People say they like the way I write. I can't stand how I write. My daughter has the nicest handwriting along with my brother and my mother.
yes i do maintain a diary. I think it's one of the best thing you can do. I write down things before i go to sleep, so that i can make a record of my activities on a day to day basis. The best part about maintaining a diary is that you get to cherish all the minute details of your life at a later stage in your life. As for your diary reading escapades, you need to admit that you commited a mistake. You intruded in your daughter's privacy. No one would want their diary to be read by others, even if it's their mother. Most of the teenagers are usually emotionally volatile and suffer from constant mood swings. I hope you understand this as you too were once a teenager right?
I knew when I started reading it that it as wrong. But,my daughter was upset about something and not sharing things with me. I was so worried about her I did what I felt I had to do. I would have done it all over again if the situation were to happen again. Now that she shares everything with me. I would not need to do this to her diary at the present moment.
i can understand. Mothers are always so concerned about their kids, so don't worry your's is not an exceptional case. Don't regret over what has happened and move on.
@bokal2703 (802)
I had a diary before, but my mother sneaked and read it. I was annoyed then because even she is my mother, I have things that I wanted to keep to myself.So I decided not to write on one anymore. Besides that I do not have enough time to be writing everything on a diary, mind stores memory longer than a notebook and pen. =) But yes, you should not read your daughter's diary again. =)
I agree it will never happen again. You know she wrote on the front of her journal stop mommie I know your reading this. On the front of it lol.
your daughter knows you too well..=) she must have expected you will read her diary lol
@jugsjugs (13045)
I use to keep a diary when i was living at home,my mum has recentlt admitted that she use to have a good read,but the reason she was keeping an eye on my diary was due to wanting to know who i was going about with.I have a diary still now,but that is so that i can keep track of all of my appointments,other wise i would forget.
Thats nice your mother told you she read it.
@cream97 (29166)
I used to many years ago, when I was a teenager. My aunt found out about my secrets and she read it. She got mad about what she saw in my diary. This was supposed to be something that was dear and private to me. She confronted me about what I wrote in my diary. And she just made me feel so bad about what she saw. Ever since then, I have not written in it again. I refuse to keep a diary and having someone find out what I have written in it. I was so mad at my aunt for reading my diary. And get this, she thought that she was right for reading my diary. But she was not. She invaded my personal privacy and my trust too!
Your right she should have known she violated your privacy. That is how I felt reading my daughers. But,I was a my wits end wondering what was wrong with her. it still hur her in the long run.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't have one as an adult, but I did have one as a kid. Probably 9-10 years old.
it was nice that you had one growing up..
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Yeah, gifts I know we shouldn't read other people's diary but sometimes we just itch to know about people's little secrets. Talk about being naturally nosy.LOL Anyway, I used to have diaries but ever since I realized that my brothers feasted over the things I wrote there, I stopped. Aside from that, I could never really maintain a diary because some things are just too painful or embarrassing to write down. I didn't burn my diaries though because I think I'd like the idea of reading through them again in the future and laugh at all the things I put in there.
@Arkadus (899)
Two, theoretically. One of them is a pen and paper journal, in a gloriously leather bound book. But it's more of a journal than anything, though I do delve into the defined territory of diary on occasion. The other I keep on my computer, but it's in fact just a dream journal which is exactly what it sounds like. Keeping track of what dreams I had that I remember. .
@kylina (178)
Nope. I'm usually too lazy to keep a diary also there is the risk that, like what you did, my mom would read the diary as well. I figured, if the diary is just for keeping thoughts and that, just keep 'em in my head.
@asyria51 (2870)
I keep a journal, but it is more of an account of the day. Anything truly personal, I keep on a password protected document.
@cher913 (25890)
i did have one some time ago but i dont do it any more. i just dont have the time.
I had one when I was a teenager. To be honest, more than one, I wrote so much I ended up filling two or three diaries in a year. Now that you make me think of it, most probably my parents or my siblings read it, but they probably knew there were only a teenager's thoughts, so not very clever or reliable. But, I must say, I enjoyed so much having a diary. Right now, one of my student is in that age, and re-reading my own diaries helps me understand her, and why she gets so mad over stupid things. I remember my life of those years so clearly it's almost scary, and that might be also because I wrote down everything happened to me. I would like to write a diary again, but I don't even know where to start, and I fear I wouldn't be so able to update it everyday like I did in the past.
For now, I don't have one, but I'm planning to make new. Through diary you can able to reminisce all the good things that has happened to your life. You can see the progress of your life. This is one thing that I truly misses when I have diary.
I dont feel like having a diary because Im afraid to lose it and picked by others and read it. If ever i have something experienced I just reminisce it and thought about it.
@sender621 (14956)
I used to enjoy keeping a diary in my teenage years. it is wherew I kept all of my secret thoughts and dreams written down. i no longer keep a diary but i still keep those secret thoughts and dreams in my heart.
I have it. I remember when I was taking the O Levels, I used to write in my diary as I felt stressed. I did not dare to talk to my parents and friends about my stress and that was the reason why I chose my diary as my only companion. I would write things that are going on here and there, what happened on that day, how I felt etc. I thought the diary was really listening to me LOL. Nowadays, I don't write anymore. I don't know why but maybe it's because I don't have any major examinations going on anymore. Well this sounds like I write in my diary only when I have major examinations LOL!
yes,,,,,,,when i was...a grade school,,,and , high school,,,,i love diary....especially i get inspired,,or in a bad mood ,i always share my thoughts and feelings,,,,,
I actually do keep a diary! :) It's a beautiful diary that my friend got me from Scotland. I don't write in it very often, to be honest, but I adore it and keep it dear. I wish I wrote in it more. It's very therapeutic!
I have one . beacase when i have something in my heart that i do not want to disclose to others but i just want to keep it for my own . I am afraid that i would forget it some days after . I like writing and its funny going back on what you have writen before . I have had one since 10 .
during my childhood I have, but then I realize that it's just a waste of time. Writing every night on it and then eventually, someone can read it when you left it at home.