Lunching with the commoners... at the dawning of a new kind of politics...

@eileenleyva (10984)
It's hotdog on a bun and can be availed of a block or two away. So President Noynoy Aquino searched on foot for the famous New York street food and treated his suit clad entourage to a $2 sandwich complete with soda. The entire meal cost him some PhP 2000. a far cry cry from the PhP 1M dinner set by the previous administration. It can actually be done, damn with the security nightmare the marshals had been invoking for the last half century. It may be fatalistic but it is true, when it's your time, then it is your time! For the moment, eating with the commoners is probably the most exciting gesture a head of state can demonstrate. It is like a whole new image is being presented and the leader is actually with the people. Enough with the boodle with your soldiers, Mr. President. We want you at Mang Larry's Isaw at the University of the Philippines. If it is not to your liking, the activists can offer you squid balls and lumpiang togue!
@diogz22 (516)
I will be waiting for the time that the president will be joining one of the boodle fight being held regularly done by our firemen in our city to promote camaraderie and solidarity.
@eileenleyva (10984)
What do the firemen serve? I think this president has a weak stomach, ha ha! But he will do it, I guess. Set the boodle!
@diogz22 (516)
Last time when I walked by the firehouse they were serving adobo. It is also nice to note that they invite people who pass by to join them.
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
Sweetie, should i make our presidential toadie come and show yours how it is done when eating the same food as the commoners? Hope he can handle some very hot "pap" when eating with his hands. TATA.
@eileenleyva (10984)
Ha ha! I think they have a brief meeting today, if everything goes according to schedule. But the eating with the hands will have to wait. Our president was actually born with a silver spoon but he can go cowboy anytime.
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
This one thinks he was born with a silver spoon. But unfortunately he realized it was wooden. What a big surprise and shock that must have been.
@greenpeas (999)
I enjoyed watching that brief fun moment, when a President dines in a sidewalk in New York City, instead of a posh restaurant. President Aquino has fast gaining notoriety from people who have been spoiled on wasting money they dont have. I like this president, and I hope he will continue correcting the wrong ways that have brought our country downhill economically.
@eileenleyva (10984)
As do I!
@hexeduser22 (5853)
Well for me I think he is just trying to send a message. We know the previous administration is really spendthrift. He sees this opportunity to make a point. People can say "Wow his a cool president" but some can say "It's just a publicity stunt". For me there are various ways to cut your budget when on a trip and I'm pretty sure that Pnoy knows that. If you want to have lunch and you want some hotdogs you can just ask for someone to order it and not cause any disturbance in the streets of Manhattan. What people are looking forward too is the result of his trip. I want to see him eat street foods in his very own country. I don't require him to go out and walk like what he did in New York, just the thought of Pnoy having lunch and the menu is purely pinoy street foods. I don't hate Pnoy. I just don't like his administration being on TV very often because it seems like we are just shooting a reality to show on how to become the Philippine President 101. I want actions and not some show and tell
@eileenleyva (10984)
Ha ha, hex, the moment he sensed that people had noticed his pack, he urged everyone for the quick escape. Personally, if I am a New Yorker, I would just look at the commotion. If I see Noy, I would be on my way. If I see Prince Harry, I would giggle and shriek like the American girls. JOKE!
@cheravs (620)
I think the president likes the fish ball so why not squid balls and isaw :D. The president is being "pasaway" with secret service for eating this hotdog and bun but at least it is worth to their stomach compare to the previous million pesos worth food..grrrr
@eileenleyva (10984)
PNoy is a fatalist. His dad was assassinated in 1983. I think he believes that if a bullet is meant to kill him, it will penetrate no matter the bullet proof vest, bullet proof car, nor the pack of security guards. I think though that this president has his own personal shield and it is impenetrable.
That makes a big difference... Comparing to set dinner amounting to over a million by the previous administration.
@eileenleyva (10984)
Yes, that million could have helped subsidize education or could have assisted the displaced urban poor.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
I don't want a hot dog eating president, I don't want a pretentious president obeying a newly hired-US PR office, what I want is a strong, decisive and effective pressy, enough for his pa-masa effect and pa-humble ek-ek, his "matuwid na daan" is leading us in hell!
Hi! I tend to agree with you but perhaps it is still too early in his administration to judge him definitely. Though my initial reaction when I saw his picture of eating hotdog was.."Do we need this to be made public?" I didn't think "Hurray!"