Nutrients of Balimbing (Starfruit)

Balimbing (or Starfruit/Carambola) is a popular fruit in the Philippines because of its negative symbolism : a politician who goes from one party to another depending on where he/she can benefit the most. This is quite sad because the fruit is very nutritious and it should be promoted as such. It has lots of Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants. To know more about the nutritional facts of Balimbing go to : http://pcityfruitsvitalnutrients.blogspot.com
@indahfth (11173)
The name for the star fruit in your country, almost the same as in my country. In my country called Belimbing. I was advised to eat this fruit, because my blood pressure high.
Yes, this fruit is good for the heart because of its high Fiber content. Also rich in Vitamins C and Potassium. By the way, are you from Indonesia? That's an interesting fact : the name of this fruit in your country is Belimbing.
@indahfth (11173)
Yes, I am from Indonesia. In Indonesia, starfruit called Belimbing, in your country called Balimbing, almost the same.
@kquiming (2999)
Lol... i personally don't really like the taste of this fruit, but i believe it is very nutritious. i've tasted the dried version of the fruit, it was awful... i eat the fresh one, it's okay, but i don't like it that much...
You can get lucky with a really sweet one and it will be divine and you will forget everything.
@jinjer168 (1599)
Hi there! Yes I know what you're saying for I am a filipino as well. What I could say is that, balimbing or star fruit is much popular about its negative symbolism and not as a fruit itself because even me who is very addicted to different kinds of fruits didn't get the chance to see balimbing on the market after i turned 10 years old and even nowadays. I don't why farmers never propagate this fruit so much, anyway, thanks for your information about this very humble native fruit of ours that deserves much more attention and must be introduced to the new generations this day for it got so much to offer not just a name that connotes negative meaning. have a wonderful day!
yes, you're right - Balimbing is scarce now in the Philippines. Too bad.