Is there something your really good at cooking?

I am not the best cook in my family. But,as anyone well knows I can make the hell out of a fried pork chop. I was given a pack from my mother last night because we have no food. Well my daughter will be eating good tonight. I just finished making them and she has some hot sause to go with them. Oh,my goodness.. Now lets hear about what your good at making. While your at it do you know how to make salsa in the blender? I want to make some from scratch next month. Thanks
I have mastered my pancake making now.
Someone needs to teach my daughter to make them. She makes them so thick and you have to have something to drink with them. LOL
I use 1 cup flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I sift those dry ingredients in a big bowl then put them in a container so when I need to make pancakes I just have t add the liquid ingredients. To make the liquid ingredients, beat an egg, add 2 tbsp of Oil(canola, vegetable, or whatever you have that is not very strong), 1 cup of milk and then mix until it's even. Mix the liquid with the dry ingredients until everything is moist, then make pancakes with the batter. Just follow a recipe that works.
No wonder your good at this. You don't need the complete mix like I do. LOL I cna't eat my pancakes made by scratch I cn't stand the taste of the fresh egg.
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
I'm mainly good at cooking easy stuff. I think that you can imagine what I mean, food that requires less than 30 minutes to be prepared Sometimes I like to check recipes in the internet and just attempt to cook that, and most of the times the results are good, but I don't think I'm a good cook, just an average one.
This is wh I love rachel ray so much. She is the queen of thirty minute meals.
@bamrahkirti (1819)
I have inherited the art of cooking from my mother and she is the best cook. I am good at many things.I make non veg items very tasty as everybody say. Especially chicken curry,lemon chicken,Chicken do piaza,chilly chicken and other things like sambhar,gramflour curry etc.(All these are Indian dishes.You may not have heard of them before.)
Your right I have no idea what they are. I am willing to try them if I ever had the chance though I am not all that fond of curry.
@wiccania (3362)
Salsa's easy. I usually don't use a blender, but you can if you want it to be less chunky. I usually use 2 or 3 large tomatoes, 1 small red onion (or half of a medium/large one), 1 or 2 jalepeno peppers (with the seeds removed), the juice of one lime, a small handful of chopped cilantro and 1 finely chopped cucumber. Just mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors can come together. It's nice and fresh. Someone I used to hang out with would do one in the blender that was 6 tomatoes, 1 small onion, 4 jalepenos all blended together. It wasn't too bad, but didn't have a lot of depth flavor-wise. If you ask my friends and family what the best dish I cook is, they'll say either lasagna or chicken parmesan. Personally, I think that the best thing I cook is soup. I've just got a way with bringing out the flavors of the ingredients and bringing together something that's satisfying and delicious.
I will try the salsa without the peppers in it. I don't want the hot part in it. Thanks I like to make chicken and noodles. Thatis the closest to a soup I can make.
i make good alfredo but dont get to make it anymore because I cant find parmesian cheese in a block anymore. those pork chops sounds yummy.
I am eating one right now and it's great. I know my daughter likes this sauce on her pasta. We buy it in the jar from the store.
@IoanaBI (494)
because of my diet, my cooking meals reffer to boiled patatoes, boiled rive, boiled vegetable, berbeque of chicken chest, fresh fruits and milk. But i knew how to make chicked with lemon :D yammy Very teasty. I think you will like it
Sounds like me when I first had the surgury.
@ellechoi (282)
My father is a best cook in the house, even my mother can't better then him. Aw, it's actually ashame when i have to say i don't cook much, i know nothing about cooking. I'm a girl , almost 20 years old now. I just good cook when something to do with egg.Oh , i can make pasta. Oh my god, i think i really need learn how to cook from my father
@kjones505 (273)
The only thing i am good at cooking is spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches. Other than that I am not a cooker. Thats why I am glad my wife is a good cook. I don't think there is one ting she can't make.
@ifa225 (11098)
i am pretty good in making 'sayur asem'. that is one of my traditional food in jakarta. the whole family would eat it and love it. that is make me satisfied to see my cooking is enjoyed by them
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Scalloped potatoes...
I neer had them so i would not know how to make them. Good for you..
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh you are deprived. lol Seriously they are just sliced potatoes in a white sauce and baked. You can add other things like cheese or ham or whatever too.
I takepotatoes and put them in the pan to brown with onions and seasoning. It sounds like this without the sauce other meats.
@cream97 (29175)
I am really good at making anything that I can cook. I can cook turkey wings, chicken legs so good. I can cook them when they are fried, boiled, broiled and stewed. I love to cook so many types of foods. I can cook rice really well. It is so buttery and fluffy.
@cream97 (29175)
I forgot to mention that I can make egg salad and regular salads really good too!
@nicococo (134)
I really like well made fried pork chop... so kudos! Hot sauce is good with pork chop... but I usually put sweet-chili sauce or a mango salsa to go with it. To answer your salsa question, I do not make it in a blender. I cut it up myself. I like it chunky. For your question on what I'm good at making: I make a mean lasagna.
can u teach me how to make that fried pork chop.......
@misheli (554)
I always try to cook new for my kids. I know how to cook but not really that good. So far my kids are not complaining about the food that I cooked for them.
So,what is it that your kids like the most for you to cook.
I honestly don't know what I'm "good" at when it comes to cooking meals. My family isn't the best at compliments. Hubby is just happy for a hot meal typically and the kids well you know how kids are it's all about junk. They do like to gobble up my fried potatoes, blueberry muffins, banana & zucchini bread.... are all that I can think of at the minute.
The one thing that I make that my children say I make the best is homemade chicken pot pie. They ask me to make this on a regular basis during the fall and winter. In fact, I'm already looking forward to making my first one of the year here in a couple of weeks. As far as salsa in a blender goes, I'm not sure about that. I do make it with a hand chopper though and the consistency of that is more like a pico de gallo than a true salsa. Just make sure to not over process it.
hi giftsandbagscom I am really good at making my own spaghetti a nd italina meat balls. I start with special spaghetti from Bartoli that is plus it is whole grain and has both omega 3 and 6 oils in it and it is really delicious. now I just cook it til its al dente then I simmer my italian meat balls in bartelli's tomato sauce with basil and garlic and I add more crushed garlic and more basil plus oregano too. I also do a great shrimp scampi with a broader spaghetti which name right now escapes me, its also from Bartolli and is whole grain. This brand of whole grain does not have that off taste at all.it just tastes yummy like really good spaghetti.
@epicure35 (2822)
My best dishes include spaghetti and meatballs, sausage with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and steaks and burgers with grilled onions. I have never made salsa in the blender. I do a fresh version, like pico de gallo, made with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add mild green chiles.
@ElicBxn (60009)
I can make a good potato, pea and veggie soup and Maggie says I'm pretty good at making fried chicken livers, especially since I would never DREAM of letting one of them pass my lips...
I am quite popular with my sweet pork adobo (Philippine dish) because I make it to a poitn to add a little more sweet-bbq-ish style sauce and also for my chicken with liver-pineapple sauce. Then there is also my tuna-carbonara. So every time my cousin feels like sleeping over here in the apartment, I always cook it for them. But my recipes are limited. As of now. I really want to know how to cook the soup. Coz it's a help when rainy seasons come and you want to sip something hot and good for the tummy.
@cher913 (25895)
i am not really a good cook i dont think. i dont the imagination for cooking different meals, although i am creative in other area. my hubby is a fabulous cook though.