Cooking and Baking

I am in a baking and cooking mood today! Last night I stayed up and cooked chunky applesauce from allrecipes.com, and now this late afternoon, I just finished baking some banana bread! Yummy! DO you ever get in the baking mood, and you just want to create something delicious?
@emarie (5455)
I like cooking and baking too...not as much as my sister who LOVES to make cakes. I like experimenting and making things that people like. I actually just made some banana bread muffins because we had some bananas that were going bad. I enjoy baking more then cooking normal food but I do like doing both. My mom only used to cook a handful of things for us and now she said I've surpassed her because I've been learning how to cook a whole lot more. I even borrowed a bunch of cook books from the library. Right now I'm getting into Asian cooking because I grew up in Hawaii and I had a lot of that but can't get a lot of it here. Here's a picture of a lime pie I made because I bought too many limes for our taco dinner night and needed to use them up. My husband likes Key Lime Pie an I'd figure I'd make something like that. So luckily I already had all the ingredients including some Lime Jello so I made this for him and it tasted pretty good for something I just put together.
@emarie (5455)
Lime Pie - Lime pie I made out of things around the hosue
ops, forget the picture
Omg, that look so good!
@emarie (5455)
it was pretty good. It went in 2 days and my husband and boys loved it.
@nicococo (134)
Applesauce, banana bread... you've been busy! Being in a baking/cooking mood is fun! Did you enjoy eating the banana bread? I really like banana bread. As for your question: I cook more than I bake. I usually get in a baking mood when I feel I've been cooking too much and I need something else to make. The last time I baked, I made oatmeal cookies. Yum.
I did enjoy eating the banana bread-muffins. Since I didn't have a loaf pan, I just poured the batter into the muffin cups in the pan, but they turned out like little banana bread muffins! Yummy! I have so many apples coming out of my ears from a friend's farm, that I need new ideas for apple recipes, too. Your oatmeal cookies sound delicious, thinking of making some apple oatmeal raisin cookies next!
@avic24 (57)
I love cooking but i have not yet into baking.Some other day I will try to do that. During my spare time, I used to cook whatever i wanted to eat and of course I share it to my sister & brother also.
I hope you do! I think you might enjoy it!
@wiccania (3362)
I get in a baking mood all the time! Especially once fall rolls around. I start looking for different recipes for baked apple disserts. Everyone in my family loves apple pies and apple crisps, so I try to put new spins on them. And of course, the "holiday cookie baking season" starts around the first week of November in my house. We go through a lot, not just eating them, but giving them to friends, taking them to work, etc. I also get into serious cooking moods. The kind where I'm in the kitchen for hours coming up with the perfect new creation for the family. So far, not too many failures (although the corned beef shepherds pie was a disaster, lol), but even the failures tend to be edible, so at least there's that. I actually want to go to culinary school to make what I cook even better.
I wouldn't mind going to culinary school either! I love to bake!
yes I made pumpkin bread last week and Stromboli this week.
Yummy!
@ElicBxn (60016)
seldom baking, I'm more likely to craft something than cook
Cool!
@cream97 (29175)
Hi. towongfoo27. I have my moments when I love to bake too. I love baking cookies whenever I get the chance to. I just love the sweet chocolate aroma that chocolate chip cookies give. Your chunky applesauce recipe sounds very delicious, and so does your banana bread too!
@mspitot (3834)
I am usually in the mood for baking and cooking. I like kitchen works.
@lilybug (21182)
I get in moods where I am cooking things all the time. I have been too busy with work lately to cook much though. Since I am off tonight I am making pumpkin pie for my son and maybe something else too.
I personally don't tend to do a lot of baking. However, there are a lot of times that I will get in the mood to cook and those are the times that I will try out new recipes. Most of the recipes that I really like to try out are the recipes that I will find on foodnetwork.com. Most of those recipes are relatively easy and they end up making foods that I would have never thought of to try to experiment with myself.
Yes, I like to do it when the weather is cool, and I am looking for soemthing to do. Baking is a fun activity, and I do like to do it. It is eve more fum to eat it.
@cutepenguin (6458)
I go in spurts - one day nothing, the next, a whole bunch of stuff. I make a lot so that we can freeze them and take them in our lunches.
I'm not a baker, I've never been a fan of standing in a hot kitchen and when I did try to bake something, it turned out that I made hockey pucks instead of cookies. I love to eat baked things though. My wife made some cookies the other day and we didn't care that they were 300 degrees in heat, we ate them right up.